Fun in the Sun!

GoodKarma19

Chameleon Enthusiast
Finally getting warm enough up here in Canada land to take the crew outside! ❤

Have any cute outdoor pictures to share? I need more positivity in my life. Been a rough few weeks!

20200319_155305.jpg

20200319_155649.jpg

20200319_152049.jpg

Kiz wasn't impressed when I took her back inside. I'm pretty sure she's plotting my demise. ?

20200319_160340.jpg

Bonus picture of Monty, who is very excited about the warmer weather and me being stuck at home! (I'm cold blooded and tend towear a coat until mid summer, haha)

20200319_153135.jpg

Finally getting warm enough up here in Canada land to take the crew outside! ❤

Have any cute outdoor pictures to share? I need more positivity in my life. Been a rough few weeks!

View attachment 260958

View attachment 260959

View attachment 260960

Kiz wasn't impressed when I took her back inside. I'm pretty sure she's plotting my demise. ?

View attachment 260963

Bonus picture of Monty, who is very excited about the warmer weather and me being stuck at home! (I'm cold blooded and tend towear a coat until mid summer, haha)

View attachment 260961
Monty and Kiz are beautiful!!!!!!!! They are both very lucky.

What temperature was it when you had Kiz outside?
It's freezing here in Ontario.
Doesn't Monty fly away?

Last edited:
What temperature was it when you had Kiz outside?
It's freezing here in Ontario.

Temp gun was getting 80F on stone, so probably closer to 70F air temp. It was a little chilly when you factor in the light breeze, but the girls seemed to enjoy themselves! When the sun went behind the clouds and it started getting windier, we went right back inside.

I can only have parakeets at the moment as my cat is bird crazy. But one day....oh one day. Lol. I am having troubles deciding if my future hold a cockatoo or an African grey.....but one day! Lol

Every single time you post a picture of him, adds fuel to my fire of wanting to get one lol.

Make sure you do lots of research! These guys are a huge commitment. I've sacrificed a lot to keep her - mostly my freedom, lol! It can be difficult to find places to rent with such a large, loud bird (and the two small birds, and the chameleon, and the gecko, and the scorpion, and the bugs... ?)

My day revolves around her and her needs, and she is VERY needy! Cockatoos tend to be the worst on the scale of "velcro-birds". Sometimes I wish I had gone with a more independent species, but I love her very much and I'd never give her up! I just won't be getting another - Monty takes up too much time and energy on her own! I'd feel bad, bringing in competition. Plus, she doesn't much care for other big birds. She's chill with the littles as long as they leave her alone, though!

I can only have parakeets at the moment as my cat is bird crazy. But one day....oh one day. Lol. I am having troubles deciding if my future hold a cockatoo or an African grey.....but one day! Lol

Let the bird pick you! I highly recommend an older bird from a rescue. What you see is what you get! Babies are very hit or miss as they age, and there are lots of older birds looking for another chance. Monty's my rescue lady - took her in at ~17 years old. She's around 26, now! The only thing I'd change about her is her volume, lol

WARNING: These photos contain high amounts of cuteness over load, please awe with caution!

Here’s Lucy Rose, her favorite thing to do is roll around and sunbathe in the grass lol. 5 years and going strong!
06208F7D-3DD3-45E5-BEC5-C512AA0EE9B0.jpeg

0E1B8BB1-871E-45D4-BA65-9556EF7EB5D9.jpeg

Her sister Stella, also 5 years. Stella prefers to chase only the shadows of the bugs flying above her, she could easily get the actual bug. But no, only the shadows.
02D7AFFD-E9F2-46C8-9CE6-8BD82681C688.jpeg

E9CFC16E-2C28-44C9-8ADA-ECA1F1E88FCC.jpeg

I can’t forget Oreo my purrfect little model! I believe he’s around 1-2 years old.
8D34F3D2-D63D-4D42-B7D7-2AF682B83A9B.jpeg

81DAEE53-0BF4-413D-9019-D8FC2F81AFE8.jpeg

Make sure you do lots of research! These guys are a huge commitment. I've sacrificed a lot to keep her - mostly my freedom, lol! It can be difficult to find places to rent with such a large, loud bird (and the two small birds, and the chameleon, and the gecko, and the scorpion, and the bugs... ?)

My day revolves around her and her needs, and she is VERY needy! Cockatoos tend to be the worst on the scale of "velcro-birds". Sometimes I wish I had gone with a more independent species, but I love her very much and I'd never give her up! I just won't be getting another - Monty takes up too much time and energy on her own! I'd feel bad, bringing in competition. Plus, she doesn't much care for other big birds. She's chill with the littles as long as they leave her alone, though!

Let the bird pick you! I highly recommend an older bird from a rescue. What you see is what you get! Babies are very hit or miss as they age, and there are lots of older birds looking for another chance. Monty's my rescue lady - took her in at ~17 years old. She's around 26, now! The only thing I'd change about her is her volume, lol
I could not agree with you more! Birds like that are very social and require a lot of time. My falconry birds are an enormous commitment. Daily weight and feeding appropriate amount and type of food. Plus the 3-4 hours of prepping to and flying them 2 to 3 times a week minimum. No vacations or extended trips. And tell a land lord you have kids, dogs, a ton of reptiles and birds they look at you like youre a crazy person! Anyway, relax a bit and enjoy the moment. Here is a pic of Burt, Nosy Faly, from the other day.

Attachments

• 20200227_162119.jpg
    20200227_162119.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom