Full Throttle Feeders

Wherever your cham is most likely to see the bugs inside. I have one mounted almost all the way at the top for one of my boys. The other is about halfway down the cage for my younger guy. Let your cham determine where is best to place it.

You can mount the feeder run anywhere you would like. I have the best success with them mounted about half way… That way the Chamaeleon can see from above any bugs that might be hiding in the bottom corners. If you mount it too high they may only noticed the bugs that they’re climbing.

Hi, my Full Throttle Feeder just arrived. Here. How many inches from the top should it be mounted?thanks.
I place mine away from the nozzle/water spray and on the other side of the heat lamp, I place branches around the cup so he can perch on the branch and look inside. Be mindful of how easily you want to be able to take it out, when needed, to clean or check for uneaten feeders and even plant placement around it. My veiled adapted to the location, as long as he can perch at various angles around it to look in.

I place mine away from the nozzle/water spray and on the other side of the heat lamp, I place branches around the cup so he can perch on the branch and look inside. Be mindful of how easily you want to be able to take it out, when needed, to clean or check for uneaten feeders and even plant placement around it. My veiled adapted to the location, as long as he can perch at various angles around it to look in.
I will add that I had already placed an umbrella plant beneath it and the calcium dust (very little) falls onto the plant (I'm not a fan of this, so I just spray the plant to try to get the calcium/supplement off). Also, I have to stick my arm in at a weird angle to dump the feeders into the FT feeder cup, but that was my bad and I am too lazy to take out the cup every time. Maybe place a branch beneath the cup to hold it in case your cham climbs onto it.

My enclosure isn’t screen. It’s a zen habitats.The feeder is meant for a screened tank with a magnet for it to mount onto the tank. How would you mount it to the Zen terrarium?

You could try and see if the neodymium magnets that come with the cup are strong enough, or try stronger ones. Screwing it into the cage could be another option, as well. I'm sure there's plenty more options, too.

In the instructions for the feeder it says to dust the crickets but it doesn’t say with what to dust them with. Do they mean Miner-All Calcium/mineral Supplement?

Last edited:
You want to follow your regular supplementation routine. I think the company wants to make sure that people are dusting their feeder insects. If you have been using Miner-All, then Miner-All is good. The supplements you use are unrelated to the feeder itself. Just keep doing what you have been doing.

My enclosure isn’t screen. It’s a zen habitats.The feeder is meant for a screened tank with a magnet for it to mount onto the tank. How would you mount it to the Zen terrarium?
My enclosure is a hybrid Dragonstrand, so it isn't screen, either. I mounted the same feeder using their flat surface magnet attachment (linked here), which yes is overpriced on their site, so just copy what the website has by going to a hardware store and buying the type of magnet as mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom