frustrated

vgaines

Well, I'm giving cricket breeding a go and so far no luck. I did find pin heads in my Crested Gecko's cage. Just my luck...lol Can't get them to breed but I put just a couple of crickets a month in for my crested to eat and now I have babies in his cage.:eek: I'm determined to be successful with cricket breeding so I'm not giving up yet....:rolleyes:

hang in there - it took me a while to get mine right - I raised several batches of "dirt" before I got the hang of it ;)

Well, I'm giving cricket breeding a go and so far no luck. I did find pin heads in my Crested Gecko's cage. Just my luck...lol Can't get them to breed but I put just a couple of crickets a month in for my crested to eat and now I have babies in his cage.:eek: I'm determined to be successful with cricket breeding so I'm not giving up yet....:rolleyes:

Try Dubia Roaches - better options for the following reasons:

• Much easier to breed and care for.
  • Do not smell - at all (Crickets smell horrible).
  • If a dubia roach gets loose in your house, it dies. If a cricket gets loose, it ends up behind your refridgerator making noise for a month.
  • Dubia are more nutritious than crickets for your animals.
  • Dubia don't make noise or climb or jump.

• If a dubia roach gets loose in your house, it dies. If a cricket gets loose, it ends up behind your refridgerator making noise for a month.

I'm also gonna give Dubia roaches a try. Along with my veiled and bearded dragon I also have a crested gecko and three fire bellied toads. I'm not sure if the Dubias would be small enough for the toads or if my crested gecko would eat them.

I totally agree with kgallego!

I just bought 80 something dubias (approx) at the super show in pomona and I love them.

Monty loves them too. Do not smell at all and I can confirm they are much better than crickets.

Easy to catch and don't jump.

I totally agree with kgallego!

I just bought 80 something dubias (approx) at the super show in pomona and I love them.

Monty loves them too. Do not smell at all and I can confirm they are much better than crickets.

Easy to catch and don't jump.

Thanks for the response.... They may be easier for you to catch but I don't know about for me. I'll be using tongs. I still can't pick up a super worm..lol
All I can say is thank goodness they don't jump because if one ever jumped on me I would probably wet myself and scream so loud that my neighbors would come running...:eek:

Thanks for the response.... They may be easier for you to catch but I don't know about for me. I'll be using tongs. I still can't pick up a super worm..lol
All I can say is thank goodness they don't jump because if one ever jumped on me I would probably wet myself and scream so loud that my neighbors would come running...:eek:

Easier to handle than crickets - much easier. Dubia's and superworms are the best options for breeding staple feeders - by far!

When choosing an insect to breed and supply food for your reptiles, it's all about four things:

1. Satisfies your reptile nutritional needs
  2. Easy to care for/breed
  3. Requires minimal amout of time and attention
  4. Doesnt cause a nuisance in your home

Dubia's and Superworms meet all of these criteria. I strongly recomend both.

Back
Top Bottom