fruitloops diy enclosure!

chey<3

this is my juvenile panther chameleons enclosure! I built it myself. The dimensions are 2x3x6ft with 1ft legs to keep it off of the ground. I’m looking to add some smaller branches and I’m waiting for my pothos to vine out more so I can drape them:) I’m going to add more plants soon! He seems to be a very happy boy. He will climb on the top of the screen to get closer to the basking lamp (don’t worry even with him there it is a safe temp) however I am hoping when I add more small branches and plants that he will use them instead of the screen. I hope this inspired someone and I’d love any feedback:) My chameleon breeder said his enclosure looks great but I know it can always be better!

Attachments

• B76733D0-1DC0-4952-942D-B3ADB202BE57.jpeg
    B76733D0-1DC0-4952-942D-B3ADB202BE57.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 422F6066-41E0-4E84-9872-31CA9BB45C55.jpeg
    422F6066-41E0-4E84-9872-31CA9BB45C55.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 151
Screen climbing is common with juvies—mine used the ceiling for his chameleon superhighway until he reached 8 or 9 months. He still tries (and occasionally falls) but he's too heavy and his claws don't fit in the screen anymore. So now he walks upside down along some of his dowels. 🤪

My 2 live vines (Tradescantia zebrina, Philodendron) both grow about a foot per month, and pothos is supposed to grow even faster, so you should be good.

Does yours escape through that gap in the front doors?

Uhhhhh hes hanging directly under the basking light... Gonna have to figure that one out. You could angle it and put it on a side.
Yeah…I’m not able to put it on the side because of the type of clip it has, but there’s a basking branch right underneath him..not sure why he doesn’t care for it haha…he will use the branch after he eats though.

Uhhhhh hes hanging directly under the basking light... Gonna have to figure that one out. You could angle it and put it on a side.
Yeah…I’m not able to put it on the side because of the type of clip it has, but there’s a basking branch right underneath him..not sure why he doesn’t care for it haha…he will use the branch after he eats though
Screen climbing is common with juvies—mine used the ceiling for his chameleon superhighway until he reached 8 or 9 months. He still tries (and occasionally falls) but he's too heavy and his claws don't fit in the screen anymore. So now he walks upside down along some of his dowels. 🤪

My 2 live vines (Tradescantia zebrina, Philodendron) both grow about a foot per month, and pothos is supposed to grow even faster, so you should be good.

Does yours escape through that gap in the front doors?
haha thank you! That makes me feel better that it’s not just him. Throughout the day he climbs on all of the vines and branches and he free ranges a little too.

The pothos is growing pretty fast! I’m just eager for it to trail the whole enclosure haha!

there’s not actually a gap in the doors, they were open, however I do clamp the doors shut at night. He has never tried to escape the enclosure or shown signs that he wants to get out..so while I’m in my room I leave the doors open unless he’s feeding:)

My juvie had a knack for doing that, he’s finally reaching the size wheres he’s getting too big. My baby on the other hand is like spider pig, constantly climbing the ceiling. Guess they’re testing their limits?

Also @Klyde O'Scope I don’t think I’ve ever seen your Cham and I must say, I’d be sucked in too if I had a handsome little man like that around 😉.

this is my juvenile panther chameleons enclosure! I built it myself. The dimensions are 2x3x6ft with 1ft legs to keep it off of the ground. I’m looking to add some smaller branches and I’m waiting for my pothos to vine out more so I can drape them:) I’m going to add more plants soon! He seems to be a very happy boy. He will climb on the top of the screen to get closer to the basking lamp (don’t worry even with him there it is a safe temp) however I am hoping when I add more small branches and plants that he will use them instead of the screen. I hope this inspired someone and I’d love any feedback:) My chameleon breeder said his enclosure looks great but I know it can always be better!
You’re enclosure looks amazing! A bit more branches and it’ll look like a jungle! Your pothos will grow like crazy and will fill in the empty spots quick. My pothos is slowly getting their but even with it small my boy loves it for it’s cover.

image.jpg

Theres my pothos along with a hungry zeppelin. Your little guy is spoiled I must say.

That's called 'sucking you in'. :LOL:
I left the door open one day too. When we got back, we were greeted by this:

View attachment 312888

We didn't know it before, but we found out that chameleons definitely know how to truck...

oh my gosh!😳I always clamp the doors shut before I leave the house, but as long as I’m in the room with him I don’t mind leaving them open. Your boy is absolutely beautiful!

You’re enclosure looks amazing! A bit more branches and it’ll look like a jungle! Your pothos will grow like crazy and will fill in the empty spots quick. My pothos is slowly getting their but even with it small my boy loves it for it’s cover.

View attachment 312889
Theres my pothos along with a hungry zeppelin. Your little guy is spoiled I must say.
Yes I’m hoping to get more branches soon! I have to sand the rest of them down:) and I’ve been playing around with them a lot. I have a ladder type of thing made from sticks that fruitloop enjoys a lot, I took it out when rearranging the enclosure, I will put it back soon. I wanted to spoil him as much as possible! He’s my first chameleon and I want the absolute best for him🥺zeppelin is so handsome!

My juvie had a knack for doing that, he’s finally reaching the size wheres he’s getting too big. My baby on the other hand is like spider pig, constantly climbing the ceiling. Guess they’re testing their limits?
Constantly, as do most living things. ;)

Also @Klyde O'Scope I don’t think I’ve ever seen your Cham and I must say, I’d be sucked in too if I had a handsome little man like that around 😉.
TY. He's a character. All our critters are. 😁

Back
Top Bottom