Fruit for a Chameleon?

If you can, try and find an established one. At home depot they run about $16 for a 3' tall plant. Obviously replant into as large as possible bucket. With a 5.0 and one or two 6500k, it will do great. It is also a great source of water, for when you are unknowingly slacking on the misting. The only con is trying to find your veil. My kid and I play 'find the cham'. She really will love you for it. Also, it can supply feeders with soft tissue matter rather than your chameleon.

If you can, try and find an established one. At home depot they run about $16 for a 3' tall plant. Obviously replant into as large as possible bucket. With a 5.0 and one or two 6500k, it will do great. It is also a great source of water, for when you are unknowingly slacking on the misting. The only con is trying to find your veil. My kid and I play 'find the cham'. She really will love you for it. Also, it can supply feeders with soft tissue matter rather than your chameleon.

I wont be able to fit it into her enclosure as its filled with vegetation now plus a laying bin. Im looking for something for her to play outside on so Ill get it for my deck for her.

DSCF4225_zpsea0693d6.jpg

Well I tried feeding Polly Mango and she wanted no part of it and she is still scared of me so I guess this will take time

Well I tried feeding Polly Mango and she wanted no part of it and she is still scared of me so I guess this will take time

When I first started feeding Espio fruits and veggies as snacks I had to hold them between 2 fingers and wiggle it around like it was alive. Once he recognized it as food he ate it from his little feeding spot. He LOVES apples, cut into really tiny pieces. He also eats carrots, collard greens, oranges, and he tried cabbage but he wasn't a big fan.

When I first started feeding Espio fruits and veggies as snacks I had to hold them between 2 fingers and wiggle it around like it was alive. Once he recognized it as food he ate it from his little feeding spot. He LOVES apples, cut into really tiny pieces. He also eats carrots, collard greens, oranges, and he tried cabbage but he wasn't a big fan.

Awesome, I tried again this morning and after she sniffed it I set it on a leaf where she like to sit but no deal...Ill keep working with her.

You should try some other fruits!
Mango and strawberries are like crack to my cham but she wont look twice at any apple or peach i giver her.
Maybe try some berries i find they are easier for them to eat like blueberries or even pomegranate seeds.
just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom