fruit fly culture

It's a jar with media (food) at the bottom with live fruit flies in it. The flies eat and lay eggs in the media so you get a continuous supply of flies until the media runs out or spoils. You don't need to add anything. The "noodles" are Aspen shreds so the flies have something to crawl on and lay eggs on.

The flies don't have wings so they don't fly!

It's a jar with media (food) at the bottom with live fruit flies in it. The flies eat and lay eggs in the media so you get a continuous supply of flies until the media runs out or spoils. You don't need to add anything. The "noodles" are Aspen shreds so the flies have something to crawl on and lay eggs on.

The flies don't have wings so they don't fly!

tell me about it i got a small culture from Marty and i dont know what todo with them all im on the third set of magots and there are 1000's of flies sooo many ( who wants em ) :eek::eek:

I was at my local petco the other day looking for some fancy guppies and while i was waiting for help I strolled over the the reptile section and saw a small vial of a bluish gooey paste label fruit flies but didnt really see anything inside it other than the paste. I thought that the flies in question had died and rotted and that wat was left over.

yeah sometimes if all the flies have died or been fed off it looks lie there is nothing in but a day or two later little white maggots crawl up the sides and turn orange before emerging as flies.

Back
Top Bottom