Front leg paralysis?

KYchamguy

Hello, I have not been here for a while but I have recently noticed one of my Chameleons acting strangely. I observed him lying on a grapevine with his front legs of to each side, and he was mostly on his belly. I have been dealing with panthers ext.. For over 15 years and have never observed this behavior. As I continued to watch him the next few days... I now believe he has some type of paralysis in his front leg. Any one else ever had this issue and if so any suggestions? I currently can't add a photo, due to a small file size restriction!

Is there any swelling by the joints? I've read where people's chameleons with gout will try to take their body weight off their legs by resting on their body instead of their legs. If it is gout, there are medications your vet can prescribe that will help.

No swelling or anything... I'm positive it is not MBD either. This just occurred overnight. I have pics but they are just too big in size to attach. Is there any other way to attach a 3-4 mb size pic here?

I don't know what the max size the site will upload. Can you resize the photos on your computer? If not, you can upload them to a site like photobucket and post a link to the album.
Poor guy, I hope he feels better. I wonder if he had some kind of fall and injured himself? Can he use his front legs at all?

Has the cham fallen. I have seen front or back leg temporary paralysis after a fall.
Is the cham behaving/eating otherwise?

He has not fallen that I know of. I introduced a female and he color morphed , head bobbed, and used his legs...ect. After I out him back in cage he hung both fronts on each side of vine and rested on his belly and jaw. I did notice slight muscle tremors in his front legs as they were hanging... So idk

My 6 month old oustelete's is doing same thing... weak, shaking, resting on belly and hanging both front arms. What could it be?

Back
Top Bottom