Frogs

lbesok

Avid Member
Does anyone know what chameleons think of frogs. Are frogs in any way harmful to them? We keep our chams outside on the porch and their is always a frog hanging out outside the females cage looking for escapees. If the frog is potentially bad any suggestions to rid the infestation (rather than not loosing crickets). Here is a pic of one of the culprit, they are all this type of frog (i think).

P8080342.jpg

P8080341.jpg

Looks to me like a Cuban Tree Frog...I am thinking that since the frogs are active at night and chams during the day there really shouldn't be any problems. But Cuban's can get huge for tree frogs so don't let any baby chams out...haha

-Chris

Thanks for the info! The ones here aren't that big (yet). But they do like to stay during the day and chill next to the lil girls cage trying to get the humidity....

cuban treefrogs secrete a toxin so keep the away from your chameleons. plus cubans will eat lizards, frogs, and small snakes. i keep a pair of them and the female has a 5in body.

cuban treefrogs secrete a toxin

Yep, definitely O.septentrionalis, Looks to be a female. Any whom, Your cham really shouldn't bother it, unless the cham has the possibility to attack the frog. However, while chams are diurnal, most hylids are all noctournal...:cool:

-Josh

sorry to break convo here but yesturday when i was working i found a baby gray tree frog, it lives in the wild here in Ontario Canada and i got him settled in a ten by six tupperwaer container until tonight when i get a ten gallon but hes still quite small so i might keep him in there for abit but hes quite the sweet looking dude and when hes calm the nicest green comes of him but i just through in a few crixs for him so he should be fine but just wanted to let yea know i caught one and take care evryone

Boothy, maybe you can post some pics of the little guy you recently found,if you get the chance.
Thanks for the replies everyone, I rather like the frogs and such hanging around. The smaller chams always stay in their cages and I'll watch out for the big guy when he is outside of the cage(always during the day), I haven't see any threatening confrontations from either party..... Just thought the little girl might get stressed from the frog(s) looking at her all day:)

hey lbesok i got you some pics of the lil fella or she lol here they are i took three quick ones and then he started jumping everywhere lol , i bet he jumped a good 2 feet onto the side of my chameleon cage
showimage.php

showimage.php

showimage.php

Back
Top Bottom