Frog and Lizard?

Oh relax.

Beman's right, though. The animals' safety should always come first... Aside from the obvious possibility of the frog being maimed or eaten, grey tree frogs produce toxins on their skin that irritate mucous membranes (mouth, respiratory tract, eyes, etc.) that could be dangerous if the chameleon tries to eat it, or if the frog crawls/jumps onto your chameleon's face. If it's wild caught it could be harboring pathogens that can spread to your chameleon, too. "It hasn't happened yet, so it won't" isn't a great justification for cohabbing species like this.

Besides, there's always room for one more frog tank... just don't tell my boyfriend I said that.

I am just going to propose an idea... because i second everything @ashdavisa said above.. perhaps you could literally get a big plastic container, thats tallish, and set it up for the frog? I am just a little doubtful that you dont have room for literally 3 square feet of space somewhere.

I am just going to propose an idea... because i second everything @ashdavisa said above.. perhaps you could literally get a big plastic container, thats tallish, and set it up for the frog? I am just a little doubtful that you dont have room for literally 3 square feet of space somewhere.
Nope, they are def staying together now. Just thought i'd share something interesting but y'all weirdos took this too far.

also i am just saying, all the "weirdos who took this too far" are only interested in the animals safety and how other people may interperate this as,
"yes, cohabitation is totally fine with chameleons" when it is not ok.

So the concern I have is a bit different than others.
If I understand you correctly, you had the frog and the frog’s tank and then when you later got the chameleon, you put the cham in the frog tank? How big is the tank? I’m going to assume that you didn’t keep your frog in a 2x2x4’ or similarly sized enclosure. Also, how are you meeting the temp and humidity levels proper for each animal?
While I absolutely do not think cohabbing is ok for a chameleon, I am sure that in the wilds of Florida there are many tree frogs taking up residence in a cham’s tree. However, they both have options to move and get away from each other, something not possible in a tank.

Back
Top Bottom