Freeze dried

Koilover512

Ok random question. When you go to the pet store you see those little containers of freeze dried crickets and other insects. Will a Cham eat it? would it even be beneficial for a Cham if it did? Also I was told once that a Cham will eat pinkies. I believed the person to be fos, but has anyone had experience with that as well?

Thanks

I've never seen any of my chams eat any dead insects, so I don't think that the freeze dried crickets would do you any good for your cham. Some larger species of chams will eat pinkies but they are NOT recommended as a regular food source. I know for a fact that Panthers will eat smaller lizards such as geckos - check out my gallery pics for a shot of my first Panther -Socrates munching down on a gecko- it was the coolest thing ever, though again not highly recommended as a regular food source.

Ok random question. When you go to the pet store you see those little containers of freeze dried crickets and other insects. Will a Cham eat it? would it even be beneficial for a Cham if it did? Also I was told once that a Cham will eat pinkies. I believed the person to be fos, but has anyone had experience with that as well?

Thanks

i really wouldnt waste my money on those when you can feed them live which are better and more appetizing. i guess you can use them for feeding fish though lol.

chameleons will eat pinky mice but there are more cons then pros. please stay away from feeding your chameleon pinkies unless it really needs it (malnourishment, weight loss, etc)

in my experience, giving a pinky before or after gestation to a fully mature and adult female never hurt, but was rather beneficial.

avoid feeder lizards (anoles) at all cost unless they are captive bred. anoles are all wild caught which means the pose a great risk of parasites.

hope i covered the basics but importances for you

I wouldn't feed my Cham dead insects or pinkies. The post was just for out of curiosity. Thank you for your information. :D

I've never seen any of my chams eat any dead insects, so I don't think that the freeze dried crickets would do you any good for your cham. Some larger species of chams will eat pinkies but they are NOT recommended as a regular food source. I know for a fact that Panthers will eat smaller lizards such as geckos - check out my gallery pics for a shot of my first Panther -Socrates munching down on a gecko- it was the coolest thing ever, though again not highly recommended as a regular food source.

I love the pic. Lol

Back
Top Bottom