free ranging my panther!!!

He can't receive any UVB through the window and will still require time under a UVB light. If he'll be out more than an hour or two a day I'd put a UVB fixture over his tree.

the fixture abouve the tree is a full uvb/uva/heat lamp..the kind ive used for the 10 years they have been on the herp hobby market..he has plenty of uvb and uva ( i am not new to chameleons, lol):D

p.s...the window slides open and he chills in front of the screen on his vine, this would be the same as caging him directly outdoors..plus he also has his sticky toungues calcium with and without d3..im pretty sure i got him covered..

Not to hijack the thread lol, but what do you guys do with your free ranged chameleons when you have to leave the house? Do you have cages you put them in for the time being? If not, have they ever wandered off to explore other parts of your house?? And when you mist using a mist king system, doesn't it make a complete mess with the water??

I leave my chameleon in his free range 24\7 and i have yet to see him venture away from his territorry(im sure this will change when he wants company from a female in his maturing ages), i dont use a mist king yet but my room for some reason keeps a 70 percent humidity consistanly with a spray bottle(if im gone for more than a few days my roomate will mist the tree for me)..my cham stay well hydraited(his casque stays buldged up and eyes stay big and bright, never has issues with shedding)..as for the water under the tree i have plastic layed down over the carpet, and then on top of that some cheap self adhesive tiles layed down..works pretty well, drys it self off, and i wipe it down with a light cleaner once a week..

Back
Top Bottom