Free range utilizing cement builders help please

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Hey everyone I have a 6 foot tall branch with multiple limbs that I was thinking would be great to have standing in a large plastic pot and get that quick set up cement concrete stuff to put it into... Then one of those little outdoor rolling things for the pot to sit on so I can easily move it around.

But I know nothing about the cement stuff. Can this be used inside? It would be quite hard to set it all up outside and get it into the house.
Also how fast does this hold something into place?
Are there off gasses produced?
Can I put it in a plastic pot or does it need to go into a ceramic pot?

Uhhh

It outgasses, but it outgasses "air" not chemicals.
It can be mixed indoors
You have about 30min (60 max) to adjust the tree before it will get crumbly if you move it after that.
You want Fast or normal ($2 a bag difference) -setting Portland cement / concrete
You can "move it" after 48 hours. At that point if you dont like it, you can still "bust it up" very easy by just dropping it like a foot.
should be usable after a week, and full cure after 30 days
It doesnt matter what you put it in. Plastic/ceramic, etc. The mixing tub will be plastic anyway :)
You want it at least 4" deep, and the deeper the better.

if you wanted to be fancy you could use a 5 gallon bucket, and after 30days cut the bucket off and pant the cement :)

Or just walk around saying "hey i need a fence post technician" and dont even explain you are trying to pot a tree for a chameleon :)

Last edited:
Uhhh

It outgasses, but it outgasses "air" not chemicals.
It can be mixed indoors
You have about 30min (60 max) to adjust the tree before it will get crumbly if you move it after that.
You want Fast or normal ($2 a bag difference) -setting Portland cement / concrete
You can "move it" after 48 hours. At that point if you dont like it, you can still "bust it up" very easy by just dropping it like a foot.
should be usable after a week, and full cure after 30 days
It doesnt matter what you put it in. Plastic/ceramic, etc. The mixing tub will be plastic anyway :)
You want it at least 4" deep, and the deeper the better.

if you wanted to be fancy you could use a 5 gallon bucket, and after 30days cut the bucket off and pant the cement :)

Or just walk around saying "hey i need a fence post technician" and dont even explain you are trying to pot a tree for a chameleon :)
Thank you!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom