Free range setup tips and ideas!

Just found this fake plant outside! I guess it's time to start a free range area! Any tips anyone would like to give on a free range setup I am open ears! Thank you

Attachments

• 20160125_083302.jpg
    20160125_083302.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 264
Very cool! I would get some zip ties, and tie some sturdy branches horizontally on the stems of the fake tree You could even add a nice bend-a-vine for climbing and perching. If you do use zip ties, make sure to twist them off instead of cutting them, that way you're less likely to get sharp edges on the tie.

ETA: make sure that brown mossy stuff can't be eaten. Either remove it, or cover it with good sized river stones.

Very cool! I would get some zip ties, and tie some sturdy branches horizontally on the stems of the fake tree You could even add a nice bend-a-vine for climbing and perching. If you do use zip ties, make sure to twist them off instead of cutting them, that way you're less likely to get sharp edges on the tie.

ETA: make sure that brown mossy stuff can't be eaten. Either remove it, or cover it with good sized river stones.
Thank you for the ideas! I will check the mossy stuff can't be eaten and I like your ideas for the plant and think I will try this!

Very cool ideas. All of my free range situations are attached to walls in my house. I actually find a large branch and anchor it to the studs in the wall. From there I start attaching branches and adding plants. I like this idea, because they are as high as they can possibly be in the room and I can easily control where they can and cannot go.

Here is the one I use for Macumba, one of my Melleri!!
IMAG0512.jpg

Lots branch and ropes,from point A to point B see if you can find more fake plants or real plants,make it more interesting connect all them together cause the cham can be traveling pretty fast,dont let it fool u:)

^Nice job! Love the plants!

I spy the microscope! What brand did you go with? I recently got one, and finally have the supplies to run fecal floats. Just waiting on a fresh sample.

Very cool ideas. All of my free range situations are attached to walls in my house. I actually find a large branch and anchor it to the studs in the wall. From there I start attaching branches and adding plants. I like this idea, because they are as high as they can possibly be in the room and I can easily control where they can and cannot go.

Here is the one I use for Macumba, one of my Melleri!!
View attachment 150421
Nice setup. Thank you for the ideas

^Nice job! Love the plants!

I spy the microscope! What brand did you go with? I recently got one, and finally have the supplies to run fecal floats. Just waiting on a fresh sample.

Lol, yes you do! I went with the Amscope 40x-2500x Trinocular Compound Microscope with the 10MP Digital Camera. I love it!! So much nicer to be able to do your own fecals.

What kind did you go with?

Lol, yes you do! I went with the Amscope 40x-2500x Trinocular Compound Microscope with the 10MP Digital Camera. I love it!! So much nicer to be able to do your own fecals.

What kind did you go with?
I bought a Variscope 40-1000x Trinocular. For about $105, I just couldn't pass it up. I've been stalking ebay for over a year, and found that. I bought a cheap 1.3MP microscope camera, it should do what I need. For $12, I figured what the heck. :) Just waiting for fresh poop to run my 1st float. My fecalyzers and fecalsol came about a day ago.

Back
Top Bottom