free feeding vs. cup feeding

k8shm8

Hey guys!
So my chameleon originally was cup eating. I just began to notice that he was not finishing all his crickets or would knock the cup over. After a vet check I learned he was on the skinny side and began to make sure he was eating. I started to feed him with tweezers and now he won't eat at all anymore! I was thinking of switching to free feeding but had concerns about crickets biting him or him eating soil? Just curious as to what you guys prefer? :p I just ordered a bigger cage so I was planning on using his current Zoo Med Reptibreeze Medium as a feeding cage and keep him in the XL zoomed as his home.

I don’t know about the feeding cage idea. But are you only feeding crickets. They are worse then a two year old when it comes to how picky they are about food. Try some other feeders to mix it up. Silkworms, hornworms, black soldier fly larvae, dubia roaches some love and some won’t eat them.

I don’t know about the feeding cage idea. But are you only feeding crickets. They are worse then a two year old when it comes to how picky they are about food. Try some other feeders to mix it up. Silkworms, hornworms, black soldier fly larvae, dubia roaches some love and some won’t eat them.

Long story short, my guy wasnt mine to begin with so he was only fed crickets. I introducted him to some dubia roaches and horned worms. He seems to enjoy both so I am starting a roach colony and the horned worms a special snack. Silkworms are hard to find around my area...

Long story short, my guy wasnt mine to begin with so he was only fed crickets. I introducted him to some dubia roaches and horned worms. He seems to enjoy both so I am starting a roach colony and the horned worms a special snack. Silkworms are hard to find around my area...
I gotcha well I can help with the silkworms. One of our members is a great guy. HE breeds silkworms and hornworms for sale. I just got some from him for $15 for 30 in a pod with food. 1 buck for a heat pack for shipping and then the cost of priority mail to your house. Just send him a private message if your interested. @Spyro88 is his screen name

I gotcha well I can help with the silkworms. One of our members is a great guy. HE breeds silkworms and hornworms for sale. I just got some from him for $15 for 30 in a pod with food. 1 buck for a heat pack for shipping and then the cost of priority mail to your house. Just send him a private message if your interested. @Spyro88 is his screen name
Here is a pic of mine that I just got 7211B7DB-8792-4714-8998-DCF5CB119FF8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom