Freddy is going to the Dr's.

jodischams

I woke up yesterday and Freddy's left side of his face is all swollen so made an appt for this afternoon for the vets. Please wish him well as he is such a friendly and outgoing and silly Jackson. He is still eating, drinking and moving about normally but it looks aweful like something maybe bit him. I don't realy know what it is but the swelling looks like it is all around his left eye too...
Poor lil guy!!! :(

Poor Freddy! We will send good thoughts your way for his vet visit! Let us know how everything goes :)

gpmo(her)

I have a male Jackson's also...that I really love..I wish the best of luck to Freddie and hope his vet visit goes well :)

If its an infection/abcess it should be cleaned out well and flushed and a culture and sensitvity test should be done to determine which antibiotic to put it on.

Good luck!

You are so right! It was an infection/abcess and was cleaned out very well and he is now on antibiotics...I am so hesitant to give him injections myself though. He told me to give it in the big part of his tail. Is there anything I can do wrong when I give this to him or should I be okay. The syringe and needle is so tiny, I hope theres no way I can do this wrong. I'm realy worried about it!

You should be fine, just be confident. It's when you're nervous that you drag the process out longer. Did the vet show you how to do it? If he did then you can't go wrong.

My vet has the option of them doing it if you bring in the animal every day. If you're really unsure about it perhaps you should ask if that's an option?

He did show me how but I've never given anything an injection before. I would love to be able to let him do them but he's almost an hr away one way so I can't do that...Your right, just be confident and I'm sure after the first time I'll be fine with it!

I have always been told to give the injections in the arm because their renal-portal flushes the antibiotics out without them doing as much good ad possible if its given in the lower half of the body...an its supposed to be harder on the kidneys. I would talk to the vet about it.

"Since many drugs, including antibiotics (the most common drug administered to reptiles) are already known to be nephrotoxic (harmful to the kidneys), it is important to reduce the impact on the kidneys as much as possible. This can be done in two ways:

* inject drugs cranially
* inject extra fluids (saline, Lactated Ringers), using subcutaneous or intracoelomic injections "...
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=PRINT&A=1356

Back
Top Bottom