Fred is frustrating.

leid

So I know Fred is shedding, but I'm a little concerned because he hasn't eaten well since Saturday. He usually eats about 6-7 large crickets daily, but has only eaten 3 on friday, 1 on saturday, none on sunday and then so far one today. Am I just being paranoid??

Also, does anyone else have problems with their chams just hanging out in their food bowl? :mad: Fred loves to just sit in his food bowl and hang out, and he ends up squishing all the crickets and killing them! It's kind of funny but becomes a pain in the ass when i have to keep buying crickets because Fred steps on half of them. I'm going to go ahead and put his dish away from his basking spot and see if that works.

Appetite usually goes down a bit while shedding. You could also try offering him some different kinds of food than usual.

LOL @ sitting in his feeding bowl. If I had to guess why he's doing that I'd say it's because he likes it as a basking spot for some reason. Maybe he needs another warmer basking spot?

The feeding bowl is at his basking spot actually. Well not anymore, I moved it. :rolleyes: I figured since he's such a lazy butt he might want to eat if the food is right beside him. That worked, I guess, but he started using his bowl as a couch while the crickets are screaming HELP MEEEEE underneath him. :p

The feeding bowl is at his basking spot actually. Well not anymore, I moved it. :rolleyes: I figured since he's such a lazy butt he might want to eat if the food is right beside him. That worked, I guess, but he started using his bowl as a couch while the crickets are screaming HELP MEEEEE underneath him. :p

Sorry, even with your "mad" face, this thread still made me laugh... :p

They do become a bit irriated before a shed and will "pick" at thier food if anything. After his shed he should be back to normal. Just be sure to keep him hydrated and up the mistings and humidity to aid in the shed, and make the process go smoother.

btw... Let us know if he's still sitting in the bowl after you move it.....:D

-Jay

i stopped using Mista's food bowl as a food bowl after he cleverly started to use it as a toilet! it's a bird feeder type that i hang on the vine must have the only toilet trained cham in the world hahaaa

dude... a toilet? man these chams. :mad: Fred's back to normal, so thank you all for those who replied! His head is now shedding and he looks like a bankrobber. It's kind of funny. I moved his cricket bin to the left side of his basking spot and he hasn't touched it since.. other than eating.

i stopped using Mista's food bowl as a food bowl after he cleverly started to use it as a toilet! it's a bird feeder type that i hang on the vine must have the only toilet trained cham in the world hahaaa

My vieled has started doing this too. I finally get him to associate the cup with food.... Now he eats his food, then uses it as his toilet at some point during the day. He used to have a regular leaf. Apparently this is just sooooo convienient for him now.

He does this as well, he was sleeping on his food bowl the other night, before he started using it as his bathroom. He's been trying out several different sleeping spots lately, back to his original one tonight.

He did this with my water catch bowl for his dripper. I got so fed up I just ditched it and the dripper. Chameleons are too much like people. It makes me mad sometimes. I want predictability! :mad:

my guy will hang inverted and nab crickets out of his. and he doesnt want his poop ANY WHERE near his living area. he lets it hit the floor lol (the bottom of his cage)

lol i have seen him knock poop off his vine before with his foot. he just pushes it over, and continues to be happy.

lol I bought him a new plant yesterday, and I was like "How do you like the plant fred?" outloud. And then he took a giant poop on it right after... I was like :mad:

That's what I love about them. They're so animated. I was cleaning his cage and he was sitting on my husbands knee, and everytime I spoke to hank he'd look at me, then when hank spoke to me he'd look at him. It was hilarious!

My chameleon is a lil weirdo. I would say he is probably antisocial. So first when you try to get him to leave the cage he looks at me like im crazy.But when he is finally out and walking around he gets all happy. After about 30 minutes of playing , its time to go back into cage. But NOOOOO we cant do that b/c he loves ppl so much. psh. sounds like unstable hormones to me. (his name is also Fred :] )

Back
Top Bottom