Freaking out! Help plz!!

PackMaster

I went on vacation for a week. My designated veiled Cham sitter, backed out at last min. Gave my friend a crash corse on care on feeding/watering my "Kiwi" a 9mo. Old veiled, full of eggs.
They all did great EXCEPT, the dry and wet cricket food got to close and want cleaned out, and it began to mold!! I was hoping I caught it in time. It's been 3 weeks, and now I'm seeing a small amount of whitish discharge on her nostrils. I'm worried about a possible respatory infection. ANY IDEAS? ANY SUGGESTIONS? Since her metabolism is so slow, it COULD be from the tainted crickets, I just don't know.
GOOD NEWS... She did lay her eggs. I counted a total of 50!! I have amped up her calcium, to compensate.

Throw all of that food out, wash out her cage, feeder cup etc. the white around her nostrils is more than likely a salt excretion. Either way you should take her to a herp vet for check up.
Does it look like she has increased mucus? And hold her cbody close to your ear and listen to her breathe. A lot of times you can hear crackling and popping sounds when they have an RI

Thank you very much!

Luckily, I have 2 cages and I switcher her out, in order to get the eggs out without stressing her. So she was out of there quickly. The cricket keeper was emptied and cleaned well. I truly appreciate the heads-up on the salt excretion. Is it a dangerous health hazard? Any idea how to remedy?
I will check her breathing!!! She does not seem like she has extra mucus, but I will keep an eye on it.
I can't thank you enough!

There is no need to worry about the salt excretion. It's normal.
The only thing to be worried about is if they were fed crickets that had ate that food. Keep a serious eye on her and maybe even take her to a herp vet for check up. It's better to be safe than sorry!

Back
Top Bottom