Freaked out ...

Ladynyce

I bought these worms from the pet store a few days ago .... they are white, I cant remember what kind they are maybe silk worms as a treat for my cham ... I went in there today to get one out for a treat and the worms had broken into big shelled black bugs WHAT THE HELL ??? There skin is broken open like a snake skin and these black bugs are now in there .... worms turn into this ???? and I cant feed my cham this even though it was worms for a cham :s .... ???

sounds like you got some mealworms that have already turned....

meal%20worm.jpg

the same thing happend with my meal worms. :p. i had some in my chams cage and then all the sudden they just stopped moving and turn all yellow and weird
and then a week later I HAD WEIRDO FREAK OF BUGS!!!!!!!!!!! i thought my cham might eat 'em so i left them in there, but months later, THERE STILL IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like you got some mealworms that have already turned....

meal%20worm.jpg
YES THOSE ARE THEM LOL, What do I do now LOL ... will my cham eat them .. is it even save for him to eat these ??? I was just reading on them and it said they will mate and make eggs, which will help me from buying more treats for him but that just threw me right off!!! Its not safe to feed him these is it ???

the same thing happend with my meal worms. :p. i had some in my chams cage and then all the sudden they just stopped moving and turn all yellow and weird
and then a week later I HAD WEIRDO FREAK OF BUGS!!!!!!!!!!! i thought my cham might eat 'em so i left them in there, but months later, THERE STILL IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's funny, I just read that if you keep them and feed them they will mate and make more babies LOL ... so you will have lots of meal worms for your little guy !!! Saves money I guess :)

You can feed him the beetle.

My chams eat them all the time.

Its totally normal.

Don't freak out.

ANd no, those were not silkworms.

SIlkworms look like caterpillars and turn into moths after they cocoon,

what you have are mealworms, which turned into beetles.

You can feed him the beetle.

My chams eat them all the time.

Its totally normal.

Don't freak out.

ANd no, those were not silkworms.

SIlkworms look like caterpillars and turn into moths after they cocoon,

what you have are mealworms, which turned into beetles.
Oh wow, well thanks hun either way I don't lose out on food for him :) so that's a bonus .... Your able to mate them too right ??? If I opened my drawer and moths flew out I believe I would've had a stroke LOL

Back
Top Bottom