FR for WC, bettter or worse?

northcham

I am thinking of making a free range for my WC female jackson, and her soon to come mate, as she is nose rubbing and has become very shy the last few days especialy if her cage is no covered on all sides, plus humidity has been just as much a PITA in a her glass cage as a mesh one, but I am wondering;

Do I need an auto mister if I use a cool humidifierr to keep up the humidity? I just got her one today, I will still spray by hand plus a dripper for drinking,

Is it probable she will become more shy with alll the space and hiding areas or would it be better for her to acclimate to captivity in?

Would it be any harder treating her for parasites?

I would really like it if other jackson keepers could tell me of there FR chams as most of what I seen is the larger, and less humidity requiring, vields/panthers?

If you have a cool humidifier then the manual spraying and drip system should be good. i fr my chams 24 7, two girls and a male. ploblems ive run into is space. if you free range more than one cham then its best to give them all enough space from eachother. My jacksons have been so much brighter and more active now that i put them in a FR rather then all caged up. i would still think about getting an auto mister so you dont gotta worry about them getting the hydration they need when your not around

I think it would be much better for a WC to be FR. Years ago when my daughter was a breeder she'd buy WC panthers. When she caged them they stayed mean and some would not eat. When she'd FR them they usually became friendly and had no problems eating. Treating for parasites would be the same.

There use to be a girl on here that free ranged her male and female jacksons. I'll see if I can find you some of her old post.

Back
Top Bottom