force feeding

jpm995

Established Member
Any tips on how to get cham to open his mouth to try to get a syringe with food in? Scareing him only works for one moment and is not repeatable. Tryiny to force their mouth open seems tough. Spraying water is not working either.

I had to force Amy to open her mouth just to get water into her last week. It was something that I've never had to do before but it was actually quite easy. Use a rubber spatula or credit/gift card (I used the latter) and gently prise the mouth open. You may need to get someone to hold the cham still though or wrap him in a towel. Exercise caution when administering food or fluid in this way as squirting too much in at once may cause the cham to aspirate it instead of swallow.

Is he male? have another male to get him excited?

*drip water on the tip of the snout.
*use a rounded tip syringe and try to force the lower jaw down from the front of the mouth..

I drip water on my senegal's nose and when he licks it up a few times I put a small cricket in his mouth when he opens it to lick. If he isnt hungry, he just spits it out.

i'm force feeding due to him not eating and looking thin lately. Thanks i'll try the credit card method, tried using the syring but i gets past his lips but mostly comes back out.

Back
Top Bottom