Force feeding i guesse

I have a jack sons chameleon who i took to my nearest herp. vet and they prescribed my a liquid to put in his mouth with a syringe, and my question is very simple how do you even possibly get his mouth open without making him get angry and gape??

If you have someone to help you it's pretty easty. Hold you chameleon with one hand while you pull down on the chin with the other hand to open the mouth. The second person can now give the meds. ;)

I have a jack sons chameleon who i took to my nearest herp. vet and they prescribed my a liquid to put in his mouth with a syringe, and my question is very simple how do you even possibly get his mouth open without making him get angry and gape??

If he does "get angry and gape" take advantage of it! Sometimes you can trigger gaping by tapping the cham on the snout or back. Then be ready with your syringe and get the tip into his mouth. If it is a very small amount you can run it along the gumline and let him swallow on his own. If he spits it out or there's more volume to give, make sure you aim for the back of his throat to avoid getting the liquid into the trachea. It helps to tip the head back and let the liquid run down the back of his throat.

Back
Top Bottom