Force feed and drink

Chameleons are shape shifters sometimes. Best way to check to see if she is eating enough is to check her weight regularly. If shes losing weight, then There could be an issue either causing her to not eat or not retain nutrients.

I would also use a feeder cup when feeding. take note of the amount of feeders in the cup and come back later to check. Obviously, if there are less feeders in the cup then she most likely ate.

Force feeding is stressful so if it can be done without forcing it's better.
If it's eggbinding feeding her will likely only prolong her live and make her suffer. If she's eggbound she should be spayed before she gets too weak if you want to save her I think.
Can you post a recent photo of her please?

IMG_1925.JPG IMG_1926.JPG Sorry for the late responses. The "black spot" I have never seen before and am not sure what that is due to. There also appears to be a lump on her belly you can seem in the second photo. It is near her foot in the back on the branch. That bump feels fleshy. Would you be able to see or feel eggs if she had any. I am not an expert obviously but I don't think she is egg bound. Side note: she is in a luke warm shower currently.

Her head pads don't look like they are protruding like they should be...she doesn't look well to me. I think she needs to see a vet.
Have you tried getting her to drink from a dripper and while her mouth is opening and shutting slip a cricket between her teeth head first to see if she'll eat it?

Back
Top Bottom