? For those with a Medium Atrium

About what age did you upgrade your cage size to something larger?

I know the Dragon Strand website says it can accommodate an adult but it seems small for an adult....trying to gauge how long we will have before we upgrade to the large atrium. Stuart is only about 4 months right now.

Well I switched around 6 months but I wish I would of switched earlier. Chameleons won't have issues with big cages, especially if you cup feed, but at that age they become great little hunters. I actually upgraded again after I got him into a 2x2x4' cage, he needed more space so now he is in a 2x4x4' cage and he loves it. Your Cham would love the space after you plant it with plenty of hiding spots, beaches and plants.

Oh boy 6 months? I was hoping for longer....I guess we will just have to wait and see. Stuart seems like he's growing on the slow side so maybe I will have a little more time but I certainly do not want to cramp him. I guess I need to start buying stuff now.
Can I ask you on your 2x4x4 what size light fixture you use?
I have a 2x2x4 outdoor cage for him and that seems ok but he really loves the horizontal space in his medium atrium inside so I will do the large atrium next I think.

I just ordered the large atrium. Bill said he won't be making them until December, but I'm on the list now. I went back and forth between the large and the medium. It sounds like I made the right choice. I was worried that the medium would be smaller than what I would want.

Back
Top Bottom