For those who heat their misting water

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
So I don't hear my water but seeing as many do and it's that time of year I thought I would share what I found.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351531466.160112.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351531480.125627.jpg

Heater is built into the bottom of the buck has a built in thermostate and I designed to be out in a cold barn lol
Thought some of you might like it. I found them at a store called TSC

Can you set the thermostat manually? I think buckets (and bird baths BTW) like this are set to turn on if the temp drops to freezing, but if its inside the house the ambient or water temp might not get low enough to trigger the thermostat.

Nice find!!!

I'd have to order the bucket online, but do you think I could drill a hole low enough for a mistking hose? I don't want to damage the bucket by drilling into some wires or heating plates.

I might just go with a fishtank heater to be on the safe side. But great find!

You could drill in a hole low in the bucket. The heating seems to be from a plate in a bottom panel

after this post im gonna track one down in the usa. please please let me find it!!!!

You're a cham god btw!!! good lookin out!

after this post im gonna track one down in the usa. please please let me find it!!!!

You're a cham god btw!!! good lookin out!

Go to any store that has products for horses or cattle. That is what it is designed for. I can buy one about a mile and a half form my home but they can get spendy. I think my husband is going to send Hoj a bill for mine.:rolleyes:

Go to any store that has products for horses or cattle. That is what it is designed for. I can buy one about a mile and a half form my home but they can get spendy. I think my husband is going to send Hoj a bill for mine.:rolleyes:

Ill foot the bill No Prob ;)

IF any of you in the US want to find one. Just got to a farm store. They have them. I know a lot of people that use them for their outside dogs.

However, i dont think it's going to do you any good. Its just to make the water not freeze. Not get it to 85 degrees for misting water.

Good idea though!

Back
Top Bottom