For the Girls

How long should you wait after a female has laid a clutch before you attempt to breed again?

More information:
My female is a BB Ambilobe who just laid an infertile clutch. This is my first time with a female so i'm new to the whole cycle. I'm thinking of trying out a round of breeding.

Let her rest. I don't think it's necessary to breed them again, because she probably retained sperm. If not, it's good too because then she doesn't have the burden of carrying another clutch. But that's just my opinion.

LPR08

EDIT- I just saw that it was an infertile clutch. I would give it a good four or five months, and make sure she recovers good before you plan on breeding her.

Last edited:
Let her rest. I don't think it's necessary to breed them again, because she probably retained sperm. If not, it's good too because then she doesn't have the burden of carrying another clutch. But that's just my opinion.

LPR08

I totally agree. I would not breed more than once a year and not past the age of three.

No she hasn't mated yet she just laid her first infirtle clutch, so should I wait a full year before mating then?

Whenever she's ready - make sure and give her calcium (do you have calciworms?) so she recovers from the last batch, but yeah go whenever she shows up as receptive next.

Back
Top Bottom