For anyone who paints their nails:

pssh

Avid Member
Watch out! I painted mine green and tried to hand feed a few butterworms. As it turns out, the lizards like green more than orange/red and repeatedly tried to eat my fingers. It was not fun! I had to let them try and chew my finger before they would let go!

I'm sure other colors would set them off too.

My crestie tries to eat brown or silver nails, lol! Lost count of the amount of times he's hunted my nails! Amy is just so mad she'll shoot at anything that moves!

AHA when I was little I used to paint my dad's nails while he was asleep. :)

I dont think I've ever gotten a reaction to white nail polish.

Watch out! I painted mine green and tried to hand feed a few butterworms. As it turns out, the lizards like green more than orange/red and repeatedly tried to eat my fingers. It was not fun! I had to let them try and chew my finger before they would let go!

I'm sure other colors would set them off too.

That's histerical. Thanks for the heads up ;) I tried butterworms for the first time today & when I held them w/ my fingers the worms would grab on & wrap around the tip of my finger... I was afraid that Diego would miss and get my finger so I put them in the palm of my hand instead but Diego never took one. There's alway tomorrow... I will try again & won't have green figernail, I'll skip that fun ;) hehe :)

That's funny. I probably wouldn't have thought about nail polish, but I usually don't wear any anyway.
Bu I remember reading a bunch of times people saying they always go for the green bugs the most. So I was wondering about that, maybe dusting the bugs they aren't trying or refusing with something green (spirulina?) so they'd try them. Never got the chance to experiment. :( but maybe next time..? Your thoughts?

A little food deprivation will get them eating again. :) when you're hungry, you aren't choose-y.

Right, no i just meant like forthe people who are saying they won't eat tr silkworms, they're growing and going to waste, etc. Well, lol, put them in a hornworm costume. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom