For all you DIYers what do you use for tray at the bottom of enclosures?

I'm looking to diy a bunch of enclosures and I am planning to use some sort of tray at the bottom to divert any water buildup. I have a plan on how to set this up but I'm just curious what do most DIYers use at the bottom?

I used to have just a hole in the bottom with a piece of gardening hose that would let water run into a plastic Tupperware type container that I had to empty every day.

Now I just have a siphon with plumbing and the water runs into the backyard. Which is way more convenient.

Reactions: Roa
We have a large automotive tray under our cage, with the cage just barely raised to make it run to one corner to drain.

Custom fiber glass tray I made to fit the exact dementions of my custom enclosure. Put a shower drain in the center of it and ran the pvc to drain under my house

Depending on the size of the cage you can use a plastic dog crate liner or I've also used masonry mixing tubs from Home Depot which work really good if you're going bio-active or just want something more than an inch or so deep. I've also use liquid Flex Seal to coat the inside of a planter box that I made for one of my cages that's worked really well.

I'm building a wooden box the size of the cage bottom to house the drainage collection. I'm going to shape a PVC sheet concave to funnel into a collection bucket. Sorry no pictures yet.

Back
Top Bottom