food ?

reptileguy

I have only fed my chams crix since I have had them, and was wandering....will they just take to different kinds of foods, mealworms etc? I tried putting collard greens in both of their enclosures and they didn't want any of that.. Achmed, my male, has eatin some of the live plants, but won't take to the greens I put in there for food

I feed gutloaded superworms, hornworms, silkworms, butterworms and gutloaded crickets. Mealworms aren't that nutritious and should be avoided.

i know there are other things to feed them, i was just wandering if they will naturally take to them even though they have been fed crix solely?

yea there are no questions now.....he devoured the super worms and wax worms like it was his job.....it was more fun to watch him go after them than the crix

The more variety in feeders, the better. Crix, silkworms, superworms, roaches can be staple food. Wax worms are only treat food since they are very fatty. I wouldn't recommend giving more than 3-4 wax worms a week to an adult veiled.

i didn't know that, yea he ate about 3 of them and about 7 super worms today........probably will try and get him on a schedule of the super worms and crix and then put another variety in there

Back
Top Bottom