Food help.

Morton

So I went to go get crickets for my chameleon, but they ran out of small ones. I got the large crickets, but I dont know if they are too big for him. Can yall help me out? He ate one of them and was fine. Hes three months btw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 51
Welcome to the forum!

Do they look like they will fit comfortably into its mouth?
Show a photo of the chameleon with a cricket beside it please.

Welcome to the forum!

Do they look like they will fit comfortably into its mouth?
Show a photo of the chameleon with a cricket beside it please.
I think there is something wrong now. After eating that cricket, he has been pointing his nose upwards and puffing up a lot. What can I do to help him? Please, I’m getting so worried.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 50
My cham does that sometimes too, I think it’s just them trying to get it all the way down because the crickets I feed my chameleon fit well in his mouth, but sometimes he puffs his gullet up after he eats them. I’m not 100% sure on that though.

That is normal and you might see a little slither movement pushing the cricket down even further. If it were to big, your chameleon would try to spit it out by shaking its head or pushing it out with tongue (then you might have to help). I would pinch off the back legs first just incase it needs to regurgitate, since crickets have some wicked spikes. (y) I have some good tweezers that work perfect.

So I went to go get crickets for my chameleon, but they ran out of small ones. I got the large crickets, but I dont know if they are too big for him. Can yall help me out? He ate one of them and was fine. Hes three months btw
Off topic question, are you positive this is a male?

Back
Top Bottom