Food for crickets?

Finally someone who helps. Is that a wet mix since you use fruits?
Would Grits replace oatmeal? Explain your stuff! :)
I don't get how u measure romaine lettuce..is that chopped up? Is that all dehydrated??

I think you have good ideas as far as making a dry gutload out of fruits and oats. As for dry gutloading, I like to mix spirulina powder, bee pollen, dried and grounded dandelion and kashi cereal. For the wet gutload, I like to use mellon, blue berries, cranberry, sweet potato, collard greens, dandelion, rose buds, mustard greens and many others to name a few.

The bulk of the crickets get the dried gutload and the crickets that will be fed off, get gutloaded the wet gutload the night before, then fed off the next day.

I don't like giving the bulk of the crickets the wet gutload because it gets messy to clean up after. I just give them water crystals.

Finally someone who helps. Is that a wet mix since you use fruits?
Would Grits replace oatmeal? Explain your stuff! :)
I don't get how u measure romaine lettuce..is that chopped up? Is that all dehydrated??

It is wet. Think of a granola bar, but wet. Thats what this looks like. And it is chopped Romaine Lettuce. I would suggest switching that out with Turnip, Mustard, or Collard Greens. They have more/better nutrients in it, and would be beneficial. I don't know about the grits part, I would stick to dry oatmeal.

The bulk of the crickets get the dried gutload and the crickets that will be fed off, get gutloaded the wet gutload the night before, then fed off the next day.[/QUOTE]

For my dry gutload I use cricket crack, but when Im out I use spirulina, dandelion, powdered milk, ground dandelion flowers, oats, and wheatgrass powder.

Grass is very high in calcium so you may still want to test it out with your crix and see how they like it.

Back
Top Bottom