Folded up

Sorry I thought I added the picture. It is probably a little deeper than 6 inches but it’s not super deep. I got the soil from Petco in the reptile isle. It is moist enough to hold a tunnel. View attachment 294069
Hopefully she lays the eggs. watch to make sure the tunnel does not collapse on her.
IF she does not lay them and starts becoming lethargic then you need a reptile vet quickly for her.

Hopefully she lays the eggs. watch to make sure the tunnel does not collapse on her.
IF she does not lay them and starts becoming lethargic then you need a reptile vet quickly for her.
Do you think it is possible she has MBD? It’s almost like she isn’t strong enough to hold herself up on the branch. When she does pull herself up she is very shaky
02037C44-A425-4DE4-A204-54B7F802EFB4.jpeg

Do you think it is possible she has MBD? It’s almost like she isn’t strong enough to hold herself up on the branch. When she does pull herself up she is very shaky View attachment 294250
Pics of her limbs would be helpful for the experienced members to see for any MBD signs, but I think you may want a vet visit scheduled soon. Especially since this has been going in for a while already. It will be worse if she falls and injures herself before being handled by the vets.

Do you think it is possible she has MBD? It’s almost like she isn’t strong enough to hold herself up on the branch. When she does pull herself up she is very shaky View attachment 294250
Do you have another picture? I can’t really tell. Also you need more foliage. The thing on the bottom right what is that? No fake plants at all as they are an impaction risk as well as moss, any plants with soil you need to cover with big enough rocks so she won’t eat it. I don’t recommend just soil. She’s definitely gravid, my best advice is to take her into an experienced chameleon vet to see if she has any retained eggs or if she’s egg bound. What are your cage dimensions? Read through this please! https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/
Sorry I thought I added the picture. It is probably a little deeper than 6 inches but it’s not super deep. I got the soil from Petco in the reptile isle. It is moist enough to hold a tunnel. View attachment 294069
I can see she’s at the bottom in the plants soil. Has she dug anything, if you’re watching her she may not lay, she may not be able to physically either, sometimes chams will refuse to lay in some laying bins if they do not “like” them. As for the soil I think your better off with washable play sand or a mixture of play sand and organic soil. What’s the thing in the middle of it? Those fake sticks the green ones, I’d take them out the color coating on them rubs off and it’s just not good your better off with real sticks. Neptune the Chameleon on YouTube has some great videos so definitely check her out. I can see you have the wrong lights, that’s also an issue, you need either and Arcadia 6% or a T5HO 5.0 linear uvb. The minimum cage dimensions are 2x2x4, taking that pot out may provide you more space, and you can put a lay bin in there and other plants in front or around it. You can put a scrap plant inside on an edge as well.

Attachments

• F36C12E6-BBDD-4822-B299-585F68766EAD.jpeg
    F36C12E6-BBDD-4822-B299-585F68766EAD.jpeg
    929 KB · Views: 54
  • D3FFF546-1611-4581-93A5-484DF6DBFFDB.jpeg
    D3FFF546-1611-4581-93A5-484DF6DBFFDB.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 65
  • EDBCDC2C-49C9-4509-B7C9-E3F1EF559C9E.jpeg
    EDBCDC2C-49C9-4509-B7C9-E3F1EF559C9E.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 83B02C3C-F7BF-4B62-9AAD-9DC4BE51099F.jpeg
    83B02C3C-F7BF-4B62-9AAD-9DC4BE51099F.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 32DE39EA-A1E7-48FF-B16F-5FFE9DD2FFF7.jpeg
    32DE39EA-A1E7-48FF-B16F-5FFE9DD2FFF7.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Do you think it is possible she has MBD? It’s almost like she isn’t strong enough to hold herself up on the branch. When she does pull herself up she is very shaky
I'm not seeing that from any of the pics posted thus far.

I agree it may be time to get veterinary help. When you call (or email), describe everything with dates to help them triage the situation. I prefer to request appts. via email, so I can take the time to organize my thoughts & compose effectually, include pics, etc. But not all vets work that way.

Okay! Thank you so much for everyone’s help.
@Beman so I took her to the vet today and unfortunately she had parasites and passed away during the visit. I asked them how she got these and they said she could have gotten them from the crickets that she ate or something like that. Thank you guys for all the help!

So sorry for your loss.
Was it a good chameleon vet you took her to?
How did the vet come to the conclusion that it was parasites that killed her. Did he do an X-ray to see if she had eggs inside her still?

So sorry for your loss.
Was it a good chameleon vet you took her to?
How did the vet come to the conclusion that it was parasites that killed her. Did he do an X-ray to see if she had eggs inside her still?
They said they put her in some warm water to help activate her. She stayed in there for several minutes and passed three eggs and some fecal. They then tested the fecal and that’s when she said he had a lot of parasites. They still wanted to do an x-ray on her and during that she passed. They said she was extremely week from them. I told them that I tried to do the best that I could to take care of her and that she didn’t start to show signs until recently! They said it was possible for her to have them for a while but they just didn’t take her over until now.

They said they put her in some warm water to help activate her. She stayed in there for several minutes and passed three eggs and some fecal. They then tested the fecal and that’s when she said he had a lot of parasites. They still wanted to do an x-ray on her and during that she passed. They said she was extremely week from them. I told them that I tried to do the best that I could to take care of her and that she didn’t start to show signs until recently! They said it was possible for her to have them for a while but they just didn’t take her over until now.
Lol sorry for my misspelling. I just noticed all of them.

Very sorry for your loss. 😔

I told them that I tried to do the best that I could to take care of her and that she didn’t start to show signs until recently!
Unfortunately, most reptiles can hide any sickness, disease, and even some injuries—not showing anything wrong until it's too late.

https://www.petmd.com/reptile/conditions/how-tell-if-your-lizard-sick
Since lizards (and generally, all reptiles) have such slow metabolisms, when they get sick, they often do not show signs of illness until a disease has progressed, and sometimes not until it is too late to treat.

Back
Top Bottom