Foggers

Hannah04

Does anyone use a fogger?

Specifically the exo terra fogger?

Wondering what the thoughts are on the fog and if you like it? If it works to help humidity?

Hello fellow Nova Scotian! Good to see someone else from here on the forum!

The fogger will definitely help with humidity. I use "personal" size humidifiers which work well, but only cost me about $15 each. I have 3 veileds, so the cost was a consideration. They work well at keeping the humidity up, but don't hold a lot of water so they need to be filled up pretty much every day (only downside I have found so far). I just sit them on the bottom of the cage. In the winter they run pretty much constantly and then I set them on timers for other more humid times of the year.

Hello fellow Nova Scotian! Good to see someone else from here on the forum!

The fogger will definitely help with humidity. I use "personal" size humidifiers which work well, but only cost me about $15 each. I have 3 veileds, so the cost was a consideration. They work well at keeping the humidity up, but don't hold a lot of water so they need to be filled up pretty much every day (only downside I have found so far). I just sit them on the bottom of the cage. In the winter they run pretty much constantly and then I set them on timers for other more humid times of the year.

Great thanks! I found an exo terra for half price, so I might try it! I can't get my humidity up past 30% even with shower curtains..

Where in NS are you from!

I just use a cheap humidifier and stick a wide hose on the outlet and
put the other end on top of the cage.
That way, the fog drifts down through the whole cage.

I have two exo terra fogger's for my Jackson's, they work well. It's set up on one side with the hose at the top so the fog goes down through the cage :)

Great thanks! I found an exo terra for half price, so I might try it! I can't get my humidity up past 30% even with shower curtains..

Where in NS are you from!

A key part of using a fogger is to have a lot of surfaces (ie foliage...preferably live plants, but fakes can help too) in the cage to collect and hold the water droplets. The more you have the longer it will take the cage to dry out.

Back
Top Bottom