Foggers and misters

I am currently looking for a misting system for my panther. Is there a big difference between or fogger and a mister? I know the difference and have done some research. Would a fogger technically be doing the same thing as a mister?

Since chameleons also drink from the misting/spraying and also clean their eyes from it in my opinion fogging is better used as an addition rather than a replacement.

To be a replacement you will have to fog A LOT in order to get enough water into the enclosure so your cham can drink from it... I would start to worry about molding in the enclosure and possible respiratory issues on your panther.

I mainly use my humidifier to help cool down the enclosure in the evenings...

Yes, if you live in a dry climate or your house is dry due to using AC or forced air heat in winter, a FOGGER is great for boosting cage humidity in between misting cycles. It creates very small water droplets that saturate the air. A MISTER creates larger droplets of water that provide drinking water much quicker than the fogger would. However, based on your cage and room situation (air movement, dry conditions, too much heat, etc), the droplets can dry fairly fast and the cage humidity level ends up being too far for a lot of the day. Increasing misting periods helps. but it also creates the need for a lot more drainage. A fogger can raise humidity but not create as much waste water. You can control both the fogger and the mister with timers.

Have the fog coming from the top of the cage collects water droos on the screen and at the same time have the fog pointing rather close to some fake vines so that the fog makes direct contact and it will collect water droplets on the leaves and gives them the option to sit directly under it when they chose to but you still definitely not a substitute in my opinion

Great info guys! I am going to be gone for roughly 24hrs and need something for him. I am going to continue manual misting him regardless everyday. Thanks!

I attached a tube to an old Vicks ultrasonic humidifier. It works well. But he ignores the homemade Little Dripper completely. So I had to move the humidifier tube from the side of the cage, to the top of the cage, which also accumulates some water, which he drank/licked off. Also, it drips on to a live plant, so the water usually does not spill onto the cage floor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom