Fogger tube modification

Sonny13

Chameleon Enthusiast
As I was bothered with the original tubing of the fogger and was thinking about how to modify it. Becoming more efficient and bacterial proof. I came with the one piece 1.25' PVC tubing. Nothing new off-course, however the mounting will be. Now from the lid till the end cap, it's all 1.25 tubing. And fully demountable for cleaning. Tubing goes across the top screen and has several holes drilled in, for an nice spread of fog through the enclosure. Also hated the pinpoint position of the fog and now its divided throughout the enclosure.

Used:
2 x 2,38 foot PVC tubes 1,25'
3 x extension sleeves
1x treated end cap
1 x adjustable 45 dgr. elbow

Hopefully it's useful to someone, because I now a lot of people here are using the same fogger.

a.jpg
d.jpg
g.jpg
h.jpg
f.jpg
i.jpg
z.jpg
s.jpg
p.jpg
j.jpg

As I was bothered with the original tubing of the fogger and was thinking about how to modify it. Becoming more efficient and bacterial proof. I came with the one piece 1.25' PVC tubing. Nothing new off-course, however the mounting will be. Now from the lid till the end cap, it's all 1.25 tubing. And fully demountable for cleaning. Tubing goes across the top screen and has several holes drilled in, for an nice spread of fog through the enclosure. Also hated the pinpoint position of the fog and now its divided throughout the enclosure.

Used:
3 x extension sleeves
1x treated end cap

Hopefully it's useful to someone, because I now a lot of people here are using the same fogger.

View attachment 293790View attachment 293791View attachment 293792View attachment 293793View attachment 293794View attachment 293795View attachment 293796View attachment 293797View attachment 293798View attachment 293799
Really cool! Just make sure to only use it at night!

@Sonny13 Cool setup! I did something similar but it turned out that that the holes clogged during night and blocked the fog. Any suggestions? What drill bit size you use?

@Sonny13 Cool setup! I did something similar but it turned out that that the holes clogged during night and blocked the fog. Any suggestions? What drill bit size you use?
Haven't any issues yet. I have used 1/2" at the end and decreasing till 3/8" at the beginning with 2" distance between the holes. Also drilled the holes off-centre and staggered, to give it a bigger fog spread. Between the large holes, I´ve drilled 2 3/16" holes, so don´t have a lot of water buildup.

Used:
3 x extension sleeves
1x treated end cap

View attachment 293790View attachment 293791View attachment 293792View attachment 293793View attachment 293794View attachment 293795View attachment 293796View attachment 293797View attachment 293798View attachment 293799
What fogger do you use? Also is this just for one enclosure? I have three 2x2x4 and I was wondering if the one fogger would be strong enough?

Haven't any issues yet. I have used 1/2" at the end and decreasing till 3/8" at the beginning with 2" distance between the holes. Also drilled the holes off-centre and staggered, to give it a bigger fog spread. Between the large holes, I´ve drilled 2 3/16" holes, so don´t have a lot of water buildup.
Thanks for sharing those details! I will make a new one today. I just check my cham enclosure, and most of the holes buildup water in the night :(

What fogger do you use? Also is this just for one enclosure? I have three 2x2x4 and I was wondering if the one fogger would be strong enough?
It would provide fog for all three ,but I don't think enough.
Enlarging the pipe to 1 1/4" , in conjunction with elevating the fogger level or even higher definitely increases the fog production. I'd say by at least 50%? (IME)
20210128_212204.jpg

I´m using the Repti Zoo 4L fogger, for the same size enclosure as yours. It has 3 flow adjustments and I´m using the middle one, approximately 250ml/h. Maximum is around 350ml/h. I doubt it will be strong enough for 3 enclosure, 2, I think wont be problem.

Thanks for sharing those details! I will make a new one today. I just check my cham enclosure, and most of the holes buildup water in the night :(
That sucks. Hopefully it will work out this time. Also provide light angle in horizontal tube, and then downwards the vertical tube. Water will then flow back towards the fogger.

It would provide fog for all three ,but I don't think enough.
Enlarging the pipe to 1 1/4" , in conjunction with elevating the fogger level or even higher definitely increases the fog production. I'd say by at least 50%? (IME)View attachment 294351
Btw....if you turn the top cap, you´ll see in the inside a bigger diameter and fits exactly the 1 1/4" pipe. You´ll get a lot more fog without the restriction of the original connection point. Check my first pictures.

Btw....if you turn the top cap, you´ll see in the inside a bigger diameter and fits exactly the 1 1/4" pipe. You´ll get a lot more fog without the restriction of the original connection point. Check my first pictures.
I saw that. And thought about doing it. But some time soon I am going to have to build a central unit.( I'm running six at the moment, could really use a couple more)
I figure they will be easier to resell if I did minimal mods to them.

I saw that. And thought about doing it. But some time soon I am going to have to build a central unit.( I'm running six at the moment, could really use a couple more)
I figure they will be easier to resell if I did minimal mods to them.
Good point👌🏻. Definitely won’t do selling any good.

Hi there! I tried to set up something similar and I'm having issues. It's not using as much water as the original tube, the fog is only coming out of one of the holes I drilled, and I've found water under the fogger in the morning. What did I do wrong and what can I do to fix it? 🤷‍♀️
IMG_20210520_074047151.jpg

IMG_20210520_074053931_HDR.jpg

Hi there! I tried to set up something similar and I'm having issues. It's not using as much water as the original tube, the fog is only coming out of one of the holes I drilled, and I've found water under the fogger in the morning. What did I do wrong and what can I do to fix it? 🤷‍♀️
View attachment 301653
View attachment 301654
So either not a strong enough fogger and too much line for it to run. OR Fogging lines like this can back up on themselves as well. Drilling holes straight down and then placing directly on the screen can cause a buildup of water backing up the line so nothing will blow out it. It may look like it is working well the first hour but as the moisture builds up the less gets through until nothing does. I started with this method and then got annoyed and switched to using T and L connectors for it to come out raised off the screen at an angle. Works much better for me and my lines are able to dry out. Less stress on mold or mildew growth since they can fully air out. I am able to take all my pieces off once a month to thoroughly clean this way as well. And Beman says hi :hilarious: He thought he was getting a snack.

IMG_6168.JPG IMG_6167.JPG IMG_6165.JPG

View attachment 301653
View attachment 301654
Guessing the holes aren’t big enough and maybe not enough. Also I went from bigger holes at the end to smaller towards the fogger, to buildup “pressure”.
It looks like the same fogger I use and that would do the trick, use it with flow rate 2.
Did you drilled the top cap? And placed the inside the top cap or did you slide the tube over the connection point of the top cap. This could cause the reduced flow and water buildup underneath the fogger.

Back
Top Bottom