Fogger placement

Joeskier

Does it make a difference if you place fogger hose to fog down into enclosure or at the bottom? Doesn’t fog rise?

Fog settles... does not rise. You want it to fall in from the top. No kinks or bends in the hose or the water will back up on itself.
I just read your thread where you were asking about the pvc pipe and drilling the holes- how is that working? And how big of a humidifier are you use per enclosure or does one cover both of yours?

I just read your thread where you were asking about the pvc pipe and drilling the holes- how is that working? And how big of a humidifier are you use per enclosure or does one cover both of yours?

So I used a regular household cool mist humidifier that was a top fill that I retrofitted. It worked really well for me. But I changed over to all hybrid cages and did not need it any longer because I get above 85% humidity without it now. But It easily would run multiple enclosures. I ended up giving up on drilling holes they kept backing up. So I used T and L connections to get larger openings. Here are pics... I did have it lifted about an inch off the top so that the water build up would not back up into the pipes.

fogger1.jpg fogger2.jpg fogger3.jpg fogger4.jpg

So I used a regular household cool mist humidifier that was a top fill that I retrofitted. It worked really well for me. But I changed over to all hybrid cages and did not need it any longer because I get above 85% humidity without it now. But It easily would run multiple enclosures. I ended up giving up on drilling holes they kept backing up. So I used T and L connections to get larger openings. Here are pics... I did have it lifted about an inch off the top so that the water build up would not back up into the pipes.

View attachment 290667View attachment 290668View attachment 290669View attachment 290670
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom