Flying gecko g. Kuhli experiences?

Uri

Avid Member
I saw these guys and instantly fell in love a mixture of my favorite gecko the mossy leaf tailed and my favorite lizard overall the draco flying lizard don’t get me wrong when captive born Draco’s are availible I would drop everything to work with them but for now I want to get into g. Kuhli but I’ll have to start with wild caughts which I think I can handle with a reliable source but I want to know what I’m getting myself into before starting with them from people who have produced captive borns if possible? I understand wild caughts are fragile and flighty and cranky but what about captive borns? I don’t wanna have to deal with something speedy like a mourning geckos when when doing physicals I genuinely worry about losing my animal in my home and also personality and if you guys think it’s a good project to take on

I had a flying gecko (Ptychozoon kuhli) many many years ago and it was WC and awesome. I didn't handle it much though.

I had a flying gecko (Ptychozoon kuhli) many many years ago and it was WC and awesome. I didn't handle it much though.
Thank you they are absolutely awesome and I love reptiles that are cryptic but I wanna know if there’s a huge difference in personality for wc vs captive bred or if they are all generally fearful and will run at the first chance

You said..."I genuinely worry about losing my animal in my home"...
I had a "wall walking" gecko free in my house for a month or so once...I left a pet pal with the lid off with crickets inside so it didn't starve until I could catch it. I think it enjoyed it's freedom and I kind of felt bad when I finally caught it.

Thank you they are absolutely awesome and I love reptiles that are cryptic but I wanna know if there’s a huge difference in personality for wc vs captive bred or if they are all generally fearful and will run at the first chance
Can't answer that since I only ever had WCs.

One more...

Seems pretty easy I’d say I’ve got insectivorous gecko care down who knows maybe next years project if I get into them what worries me is their speed…that is unless a captive born draco lizard becomes available I love chameleons but I mean…cmon Draco’s are the best

Back
Top Bottom