Fluker's orange cubes

Celtics4Lifee

Are Flukers orange cubes a good product for crickets? Are they enough for a complete gutload? What do you guys think about orange cubes?

In my honest opinion the orange cubes are garbage. But those are just my person thoughts as for guloading you can never have a complete gutload or go overboard with variety of things to feed your crickets the more the better. Best thing to do would be chop up fruits a veggies and throw them in the cricket keeper to gutload your crickets. If you like the convenience of gutloading with the cricket cubes then you can make your own by chopping up fruits and veggies in the food processor and fill up ice cube trays. then freeze. this way if you are in a rush and don't have the time to give your crickets fresh food you can thaw out a cube and gutload with that. But fresh is always best.

I think cut up carrots are better, I never was recommended anything flukers, I use the repashy superload gutload with cut up carrots. But more experienced people will chime in.

If you're looking for quality pre made gut load, I've heard bug burger and cricket crack is good stuff but by itself I would not use as a complete gut load. Like others already said use fresh fruits and vegetables as well. SandraChameleon has awesome blogs on gut loading that I highly recommend you checking out.

I say.. If you already bought the orange cubes then use them by all means. but also offer variety to your feeders such as fresh fruits and veggies. I offer collard greens, turnip greens, carrots, apples.. etc.

I had some, had a huge die off problem all of the time. Got to the point where I did feed them but threw in anything ( Not protien) that we didn't eat with dinner to supplement.
Afterwards I switched to bug burger with cricket Crack, and still use the crickets as a garbage disposal, and my die off problem went down.
Currently I use Dubia, less stink, less die off, and more nutritious then crickets.
But I gotta admit totally creepy and gross to handle :eek:
shar

Are Flukers orange cubes a good product for crickets? Are they enough for a complete gutload? What do you guys think about orange cubes?

just consider them a quick and clean way to keep your crix hydrated and ingest a little more calcium, but no one on this forum would even consider using them as a complete gutload. it’s not meant for that. sometimes if you have to separate your bugs for a bit while cleaning or prior to feeding, they can be convenient to toss in. but that’s about the extent of their usefulness.

Back
Top Bottom