Fluker's Gut Load?

MNChams

Hello, I'm new to this so I've got many questions to make sure I'm taking proper care of my new chameleons that I am preparing for.

I know that I have to gut load the crickets with proper nutrients. I stopped at the local reptile store and they gave me one container of Fluker's High-Calcium Cricket Diet Gut Load and one container of Fluker's Cricket Quencher Calcium Fortified. They said this is all I need to ensure healthy gut loading for the Chams. I'm sceptical about this. Seems like too much of a short cut but it would be easy. Of course I will dust the food as scheduled in addition but is this good enough for the gut loading? If not ideal, is it even close to being sufficient? And lastly, is it safe to use for the Chams on a daily basis? They are panthers if that makes any difference.

I think it's sufficient, but it helps to throw in some raw fruit and vegetable slices.

I've used Fluker's, and I use NatureZone Total Bites. I haven't had problems with my cham's health and nutrition (since I began in 2003), when these are supplemented with the dustings. The downside is that, in the long run, continuing to buy those little tubs of cubes is not as cost effective as making your own gutload. Chameleon Forums sponsor Tiki Tiki Reptiles also sells "Cricket Crack", a gutload which several of our members use and recommend.

These are okay for when you're in a hurry. But if you can make your own gutloads, especially fresh fruits and veggies, I think the chameleon will be better off in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom