Flukers 🤔

Loubell01

Hi everyone just wondered if anyone on here from the uk has purchased and used flukers repta+boost?
I had read some great reviews about the product and how it gave their chams a much needed energy boost if they were poorly, malnourished or just not themselfs ie not eating or drinking.
Fast foward to yesterday when the long awaited item arrived from the US.
My partner mixed some as per the instructions and tried to feed some to our panther cham chilli, but the mixture was thick and gloopy in cosistancy and chilli was not impressed with the small amount he did managed to get into his mouth He was almost trying to spit it out.
Im wondering if the mix was not done properly even though the instructions were followed and now our cham who usually takes water from a dripper no longer trusts us and won't take any water from me. Its frustrating as I now had trad done threads that had said their charms literally lapped the liquid and they saw huge differences in their chams within hours. just wondering if we are doing something wrong 🤔
Would hate to waste the products we brought but at atm I don't have faith in using it again incase I make my cham sick.. Anyone's experiences with using this product would be gratefully appreciated
IMG_20210416_091048.jpg
IMG_20210416_091058.jpg

I used the product a few years ago (back in 2018) for my cham who had mbd and couldn't use his tongue well to catch his feeders. He got a respiratory infection and I was hand feeding him and his weight was dropping.

The consistency you show in your picture looks the same that I had after mixing. It's just very risky to give since they could aspirate 😔

But I've never known a cham to lap it up though. My daughters rescue geckos did, but not chams. It is always a fight, but the nutrients are there.

I do think it's a good product and (depending on the issue) if they get it successfully it stimulates their appetite and they'll start eating their normal feeders again sooner than later.

If they trusted you before, they'll trust you again. You have to do what's best for them at the present time and not worry about that. After the syringe feedings are over, they get back to normal cham behavior 🤓

This is basically "ensure" or "boost" with some D3 and crap ton of calcium. It should only be used if the alternative is force feeding. It should not be used on a healthy animal.

As others stated, chams are not plumbed like humans, its pretty easy to get liquid in the air hole. Most force feeding are a long tip with a ball on the end, and you push it into the mouth beyond the air hole.

You can see the air hole on the bottom of this happy camper, now if all you did was pump the fluid in the cheek or front of mouth, its going to go into the air hole unless the chameleon swallows quickly

Photo 1-11-19, 11 37 54 AM.jpg

I used the product a few years ago (back in 2018) for my cham who had mbd and couldn't use his tongue well to catch his feeders. He got a respiratory infection and I was hand feeding him and his weight was dropping.

The consistency you show in your picture looks the same that I had after mixing. It's just very risky to give since they could aspirate 😔

But I've never known a cham to lap it up though. My daughters rescue geckos did, but not chams. It is always a fight, but the nutrients are there.

I do think it's a good product and (depending on the issue) if they get it successfully it stimulates their appetite and they'll start eating their normal feeders again sooner than later.

If they trusted you before, they'll trust you again. You have to do what's best for them at the present time and not worry about that. After the syringe feedings are over, they get back to normal cham behavior 🤓
Thankyou for your reply he has cheered up a bit and taken water and food from me now 👍

This is basically "ensure" or "boost" with some D3 and crap ton of calcium. It should only be used if the alternative is force feeding. It should not be used on a healthy animal.

As others stated, chams are not plumbed like humans, its pretty easy to get liquid in the air hole. Most force feeding are a long tip with a ball on the end, and you push it into the mouth beyond the air hole.

You can see the air hole on the bottom of this happy camper, now if all you did was pump the fluid in the cheek or front of mouth, its going to go into the air hole unless the chameleon swallows quickly

View attachment 298772
Wow hes a handsome fella great picture, thank you for taking the time to reply my boy seems to have perked up he's eating and drinking so will leave off with the flukers for now 👍

Back
Top Bottom