Flourecent UVB help please

gogochameleon

I have 48 inch T-12 (2) bulb ficture from homedepot for 10 bucks and it does wonderful for the plants with plant and aquarium bulbs. But im trying to find some UVB bulb that would fit in the 48in hood and that can be used for chameleons??? Im using a zoomed 5.0 for UVB now but im moving him into his own little room soon and want suffient UVB light from a 48in hood with T-12 bulbs. Any sugestions!!???????

I have 48 inch T-12 (2) bulb ficture from homedepot for 10 bucks and it does wonderful for the plants with plant and aquarium bulbs. But im trying to find some UVB bulb that would fit in the 48in hood and that can be used for chameleons??? Im using a zoomed 5.0 for UVB now but im moving him into his own little room soon and want suffient UVB light from a 48in hood with T-12 bulbs. Any sugestions!!???????

Try a reptisun 5.0 linear tube bulb. They are the highest recommended uvb bulb here on the forums because they are proven to be the safest.

You must have a big cage to need a 48" fixture. My 48" fixture fits across my two 24x24x48 cages for my 2 males. I use the reptisun 5.0. It lasts from 6-9 months. If you know someone who has a meter check it at 6 months.

Your problem will be finding any new T-12 bulb's. Everything I have found out there now is T-8 bulbs. I have bought all new fixtures.:(

T8's should fit a T12 socket. Its just a skinnier bulb but the pins are the same. Please correct me if I am wrong.

T8's should fit a T12 socket. Its just a skinnier bulb but the pins are the same. Please correct me if I am wrong.

incorrect. T12 is much different from T8

It would not be wise to buy any T12 fixtures from here on out for UVB as ReptiSun bulbs are only going to be made in T8 now.

You have to check the ballast in the fixture to see if it will also work with the t-8 lamp. The pins are the same but the ballast is what make the lamp light.

good info everyone thanks, I know those t8 will NOT fit into a t-12 ficture. Ya i think i see the t-8 bulbs more often now, There are less watts and are higher lumens per watt than the t-12. If i cant find a t-12 uvb then I was thinking of running two t-12 plant bulbs then one T-8 Uvb bulb in its own ficture, Is that to much light for my cham??

Back
Top Bottom