Florida Residence

RobSquared

I will be in Key West Florida for a couple of weeks next month and want to go search and take pictures of wild chameleons. Any ideas of areas to look? Any assistance would be appreciated.

I don't know about the keys but the south west is supposed to have quite a few. Much of it is private property, so I'm told.

Yeah I was afraid of that. Wishful thinking. Well maybe I will get lucky and someone will have some experience down that way.

I would look up Florida Python Hunters on Facebook. They find veiled and Oustalet's chams in South FL. I have also heard that many of the wild chams here are in private property like citrus and avacado groves. It would be so cool to see them!

Yes, I was thinking of Florida Phython Hunters also. They are catching their wild Veilds and Oustalets in the Everglades somewhere, which you know covers quite a large area. I also don't think they will divulge their location or let anyone go on the hunts with them. It is worth a try. The guy in charge is Rueben Ramirez.

I think at one point they were taking folks but they may have stopped that. Never hurts to ask.

I would look up Florida Python Hunters on Facebook. They find veiled and Oustalet's chams in South FL. I have also heard that many of the wild chams here are in private property like citrus and avacado groves. It would be so cool to see them!
edit: nevermind i read the rest of your posts

They're mostly on old, over run orange groves down in the Homestead area.
It's mostly private property.
And a lot of it is active Chameleon farming by unscrupulous individuals.

can you tell me where the orange groves are? id like to see some chams. i live on the south east coast.
I'm also SE coast area.
I don't know firsthand where they are.
Just in Homestead and on or near Chrome ave.
I've attempted to contact a few folks with YOUTUBE videos up.
Nothing yet.

I'm also SE coast area.
I don't know firsthand where they are.
Just in Homestead and on or near Chrome ave.
I've attempted to contact a few folks with YOUTUBE videos up.
Nothing yet.
thanks for the location, but i looked it up and google said its called Krome ave? is this correct? and good luck with the youtubers i leave my email in the comments and sometimes people would email me places to go. I know that sounds gullible but it works.

Yes.
Krome.
From what I've been told, the wild chams haven't adapted well to captivity and are mostly pretty sickly.
But I'd say that too, if I wanted less competition.
There are sightings here in Broward county. But no common areas like south Dade county.

thanks for the location, but i looked it up and google said its called Krome ave? is this correct? and good luck with the youtubers i leave my email in the comments and sometimes people would email me places to go. I know that sounds gullible but it works.
I told them I have free time, a truck and gas money.....

I told them I have free time, a truck and gas money.....
thats cool. I saw the road on satellite map and its a loooongg road. are they on the north side with all that agriculture, or the south side with more heavily populated towns? Also some youtubers do tours. try asking around for that. check the channels ''about'' section.

Back
Top Bottom