Florida Lizards???

Julirs

What are these interesting little guys?
DSCN1009.jpg

DSCN1007.jpg

DSCN1005.jpg

DSCN1008.jpg

wow im wondering the same thing. Last time i was in Florida at our vacation house there was one in the side yard and i tried to catch him but they're soooo fast.

Looks like a wicked cross between an Anole and a Komodo Dragon LOL

I lived in Florida for a good part of my life, and I've never seen those. TONS of Anoles, but never one that looked like that. What part of FL?

-Dave

i've seen a few of those around my house too. Thought they looked a little strange. I think they are just the regular brown anoles. The males seem to be the only ones with the sailfins. i've also noticed more of the curly tailed lizards around my house too.

ya definatly anoles ive played with these guys all my life used to hang em off my ears like earings lol they just clamp down and hang on! we alo have a green anole which i very pretty bright lime green that turns brown at different times, but they dont have the diamond back markings. the curly tail is just what it names says they grow a lot bigger though. all are fast but friendly little guys

i think what it is, that some of the brown anoles you see were imported from one country and then another country has them with the raised sails like that, and i'm pretty sure the two are breeding because i have also seen them with less pronounced sails

looks almost like a basilisk, i did release a few of those in the wild by your house

I see these things all the time. I don't see them with the crest. I wonder if that is a breeding sign?

Thanks Nico-that looks like them! They live on the couch on my lanai living the life of luxury! I toss them silkworms and escapist crickets that I find in the house and they lay eggs in my flowerpots out there!

Back
Top Bottom