Flies!?

Ebay is hit and miss, I always check a sellers ratings and reviews before purchasing, and will not purchase unless seller is established with 95°/. positive reviews.

@Beman I have green banana roaches too, chams love them, but they are very small and a little slow to breed. They also don't eat much. They make great variety feeders.

I'm going to California tomorrow, when I get back I can check my orangeheads. Could sell you a start colony if you'd like. Feel free to PM me.

@Beman I have green banana roaches too, chams love them, but they are very small and a little slow to breed. They also don't eat much. They make great variety feeders.

I'm going to California tomorrow, when I get back I can check my orangeheads. Could sell you a start colony if you'd like. Feel free to PM me.
Thank you James! I so appreciate the offer. You are very kind :) I just found a really nice member that has silk worms so I placed an order. Beman's big boy cage should be here this week. I am not sure right now if the lack of interest in the dubia is stress related as he is desperate to be in a big enclosure. But it seems to be the only feeder he could care less about. We will be moving in March and I will have a bit more room then to look into starting my own colony. I may take you up on your offer of purchasing a start colony once I get into the bigger place.

Yeah I was hoping it would be good for you since I went crazy with it. Do you have silkworms I just found an awesome member who has them for sale.

I did get silkworms from a member as well. I fed off the smaller ones (Max LOVED them) and now I'm left with about 15 huge ones that I'm hoping will cocoon soon since I'd like to try to breed them. I have them all setup, just waiting for them to start spinning silk!

I did get silkworms from a member as well. I fed off the smaller ones (Max LOVED them) and now I'm left with about 15 huge ones that I'm hoping will cocoon soon since I'd like to try to breed them. I have them all setup, just waiting for them to start spinning silk!
Ohhhhhh cool. You are braver then I am. I am thinking about breading the orange head roaches but I don't know if I could deal with more then that. I am finding that I am enjoying all my feeders which is nuts because I really have never liked roaches. Well I am not fond of the BSFL. But each day everyone gets their care and feeding done and then weekly cleaned out in new bins. My daughter now thinks I have totally lost it. :p

How fast do they grow? Are they like Horn worms with growth rate?

Yeah I tried to find them on his site and all the other sponsors but no one carries them. I buy from rainbowmealworms and they don't have them either. :( Gonna try ebay like Brody said but I have never done ebay so this should be interesting.
They have the option to “buy it now” so you don’t have to do the whole bidding thing. Very similar to Amazon.

Okay, this thread is making me want to add more feeders. So are the Orange Heads flies? and where do you purchase them from? I already have 3 staple feeders and Angus loves them all, but I have been splitting putting in the crickets (doing several free range) and then rest in the cup feeder. Boy, he loves the free range and it is fun watching him come to life so quick when I add them in there.

Ohhhhhh cool. You are braver then I am. I am thinking about breading the orange head roaches but I don't know if I could deal with more then that. I am finding that I am enjoying all my feeders which is nuts because I really have never liked roaches. Well I am not fond of the BSFL. But each day everyone gets their care and feeding done and then weekly cleaned out in new bins. My daughter now thinks I have totally lost it. :p

I'm gonna try breeding silkworms, hornworms, and crickets and see how it goes. My family thinks I've gone insane as well, they might be right!

Okay, this thread is making me want to add more feeders. So are the Orange Heads flies? and where do you purchase them from? I already have 3 staple feeders and Angus loves them all, but I have been splitting putting in the crickets (doing several free range) and then rest in the cup feeder. Boy, he loves the free range and it is fun watching him come to life so quick when I add them in there.

The orange heads are roaches. I think I'm going to give them a try.
I did find them on the full throttle website: https://www.fullthrottlefeeders.com/product-page/roaches, 50 for $25 plus shipping

I'm gonna try breeding silkworms, hornworms, and crickets and see how it goes. My family thinks I've gone insane as well, they might be right!
Just slightly right lol. It is hard for me not to love every aspect of these amazing little guys down to the feeders. My family gets tired of hearing me talk about it. Which is why I am so thankful I have the forum to share and learn. At least here I feel normal :p

I bought a pod of hornworms without realizing how fast they actually grew and about had a heart attack. So I am very thankful to hear the silks are slower!
I did the same thing. I think i managed to feed off 3 before they were all too big. So, gonna see if these big guys will pupae so I can breed them. In the meantime, I'm buying locally, and only 3 at a time!

Back
Top Bottom