Flickering Sansi bulb

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
Codas other bulb died so I bought a new one and it is continuing to flicker and scaring her to the bottom of her cage, I sent it back and tested a different crappy (temporary) bulb and no flicker, the replacement came in and is doing the exact same thing, her plants are dying and it’s stressing her out. What do y’all think is happening and does this usually occur?

We have one out of...10(?) different lights that flickers in one element. It's not in an enclosure, and not one of the 70W lights, but it's on our list to return for exchange.

This is the first I've heard of this apart from our own experience.

Since you've already gotten a replacement from Sansi, here's what I'd do. I'd call them, explain the situation, and request that they replace it—but have it checked out by QC first to ensure you don't get a third lemmon. You could ask if there's anything you can do from your end to fix/diagnose the problem. You could even ask to speak to someone in engineering or QC.

I suppose (just speculating) they may have (had) some supply chain issues during the pandemic as many companies have—IDK.
They are a decent sized company, and I'd try to work things out; I think their products are excellent except for this.

Please let us know how this works out.

I’m going to ask a stupid question, but are you sure it’s plugged in all the way? Have you tested it in other outlets? The only time one of mine flickered was when the outlet I had it in was loose and the plug wasn’t able to seat itself firmly.

Codas other bulb died so I bought a new one and it is continuing to flicker and scaring her to the bottom of her cage, I sent it back and tested a different crappy (temporary) bulb and no flicker, the replacement came in and is doing the exact same thing, her plants are dying and it’s stressing her out. What do y’all think is happening and does this usually occur?
I just had this exact same thing happen, there was a power surge. Can't really ask for a replacement as I am pretty sure that killed it :(

LEDs can be picky, as @MissSkittles points out even a connection can do it. When we compare 2 individual led as you are we have to keep in mind the wattage. A lower wat like a 1 or 2 may get enough power where as a 5w may not get the constant flow. They are not like a regular light bulb. Not in my Sansi at the moment, but I have seen it in other LEDs.

This does not solve your problem but it might help point you. I do agree with you that this is there problem. But you could try making sue the bulb in question is properly set.

I should have asked before... what model Sansi is this that flickered?

LEDs can be picky, as @MissSkittles points out even a connection can do it. When we compare 2 individual led as you are we have to keep in mind the wattage. A lower wat like a 1 or 2 may get enough power where as a 5w may not get the constant flow. They are not like a regular light bulb. Not in my Sansi at the moment, but I have seen it in other LEDs.

This does not solve your problem but it might help point you. I do agree with you that this is there problem. But you could try making sue the bulb in question is properly set.
Not a "bulb" in our case (though it screws into an E26 socket)—just one or two LED elements in one of the 3 lights on one of the arms.

1626826556040.png

Gosh I’m sorry for not responding lol, we switched out the fixtures as the connector in the lamp itself was the part messed up ThankYou for the replies but we got it fixed
Can I asked what fixture you had and what you changed? I have three of these, and they all flicker/strobe intermittently.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BRKT56T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

As often as daily! WIERDLY often they all flicker at once. They are all on surge protectors so that should not be the problem? I have them in the high capacity Zoomed domes.

The room they are in gets warm sometimes in the day, up to 80 degrees, and they are possibly doing it more at the higher temp not really sure.

This is driving me-and my animals-crazy!

We had a couple of their lights with defective LEDs. Contacted Sansi and they asked for pics/video of the problem (reasonable). We sent pics and they sent us replacements—no problem. :)

Thanks much I will take a quick video next time.
IDK what your cam/phone can do... We couldn't get video (too much glare), so had to put my camera on manual, shutter speed on max. and smallest aperture—then work backward until I got good clear pics of the problem.

SO... husband has a voltage meter. Turns out our voltage is coming in low, intermittently. These lights apparently are way more sensitive than say T5's, appliances or other lights. We had SoCal Edison come out yesterday and they saw a connector on the roof that had overheated, partly melted (blame it on all the cham/frog gear LOL). they were going to come back and try to fix it last night and then we had epic lightning and thunder. But I suspect once that is fixed they will be fine. So the moral is check your voltage if things get wonky.

Back
Top Bottom