Flchams

Actually just got one from them. Very disappointed, the just drop shipped a ReptiBreeze from LLLReptiles. Could have went to petco and got that. Sent several emails to them and have heard nothing.

Anyone ordered a enclosure from flchams. Curious about the quality and how long it takes to arrive.

For enclosures you really only have a few choices. Reptibreese, or exotera. Step up and Dragonstrand are great, Or you are handy and build your own.

Other that a few custom builders that is all I have ever found. I would love more options. If I could afford it I would go with DragonStrand, these are made for Chams specifically and have more size options. The price will get you at first, but realize this is likely to be with you for years to come, and you wont end up with unattractive mods, like shower curtains.

Now my 2 cents.
I believe the downfall of many captive reptiles is the lack of attractive housing. No matter how attractive an animal is at first, the day to day can become boring.
I believe the more enjoyable an enclosure is too look at, the better chances of long term care. Just human nature.

The other thing is anthropomorphizing animals. Many get bother by this. Now it can defiantly go too far, but I do almost encourage it. Again human nature, if someone believes the Cham loves them, and greets the every morning to say hello. Well great, that just means that animal will get great care, because it is now on a "human" level, and the keeper looks forward to seeing their friend every morning and chating with him.

Contrast this to the person who just saw it is a cool animal too have. He looks at feeds it, but the excitement can ware down leading to poor care. He doesn't really care he had the cash, maybe something different this time. This is far too common. We don't see them, because the don't care enough to do research. One care sheet should do it.

For enclosures you really only have a few choices. Reptibreese, or exotera. Step up and Dragonstrand are great, Or you are handy and build your own.

Other that a few custom builders that is all I have ever found. I would love more options. If I could afford it I would go with DragonStrand, these are made for Chams specifically and have more size options. The price will get you at first, but realize this is likely to be with you for years to come, and you wont end up with unattractive mods, like shower curtains.

Now my 2 cents.
I believe the downfall of many captive reptiles is the lack of attractive housing. No matter how attractive an animal is at first, the day to day can become boring.
I believe the more enjoyable an enclosure is too look at, the better chances of long term care. Just human nature.

The other thing is anthropomorphizing animals. Many get bother by this. Now it can defiantly go too far, but I do almost encourage it. Again human nature, if someone believes the Cham loves them, and greets the every morning to say hello. Well great, that just means that animal will get great care, because it is now on a "human" level, and the keeper looks forward to seeing their friend every morning and chating with him.

Contrast this to the person who just saw it is a cool animal too have. He looks at feeds it, but the excitement can ware down leading to poor care. He doesn't really care he had the cash, maybe something different this time. This is far too common. We don't see them, because the don't care enough to do research. One care sheet should do it.

This this this(in bold)! I realized that a while back... I love my animals, but for me to keep it from being a chore, I have to make the enclosures interesting. That's why I love fully planted bioactive.

Regarding the anthropomorphizing. I see your point and don't disagree, but on the flip side of that, I often see people that look at their animals like people making decisions like cuddling them when they're sick, petting them until they pass out from stress, cohabitation because they need buddies, etc. On the other hand, I feel people that look at them as animals, love them because they are animals. From a very young age I loved the weird and unique creatures. I felt insulted that humans were mammals lol I wanted to be a reptile! Anyway, this attitude I see with other people that see their animals for what they are and treat them how they prefer to be treated, not how humans prefer to be treated. A lot of the people that "bought a cool animal" got them to anthropomorphize to begin with only to lose interest later on. Look how many FB videos have veileds holding swords, wearing hats, etc.

Anyway, I'm way off topic, just feel the question has been answered already. I agree with the others.

Actually just got one from them. Very disappointed, the just drop shipped a ReptiBreeze from LLLReptiles. Could have went to petco and got that. Sent several emails to them and have heard nothing.
Yea I screwed up and ordered one, didn’t realize it would be a reptibreeze, been waiting for days and haven’t heard anything?

Yea I screwed up and ordered one, didn’t realize it would be a reptibreeze, been waiting for days and haven’t heard anything?

If you haven't heard anything might be because LLLReptiles is out of stock on the XL Cages now, if that is what you ordered. I got my Russian Tortoise enclosure from DIY Cages, but they are out of stock also on the large screen enclosure's. Good Luck to ya.

if someone believes the Cham loves them, and greets the every morning to say hello. Well great, that just means that animal will get great care, because it is now on a "human" level, and the keeper looks forward to seeing their friend every morning and chating [sic] with him.

I love this quote - it shows how important it is to create a relationship with your cham while respecting their own nature...I might use this ;)

I love this quote - it shows how important it is to create a relationship with your cham while respecting their own nature...I might use this ;)

So true and if your chameleon gets allot of attention and you interact on a regular basis, you can see that they are much smarter than people give them credit for.

If you haven't heard anything might be because LLLReptiles is out of stock on the XL Cages now, if that is what you ordered. I got my Russian Tortoise enclosure from DIY Cages, but they are out of stock also on the large screen enclosure's. Good Luck to ya.

why does everything with chameleons have to be so complicated and shady

And you’re correct, about like winning the lottery for them to reply or answer the phone

I feel most people like that don't actually anthropomorphize though. They're just talking to their animals. I think that's great.

I consider the negative is when people are dressing their reptiles up and literally treating them like humans. I feel you see that far more often.

why does everything with chameleons have to be so complicated and shady
It's not just chameleons. IME, it's the internet. I could go on, but this isn't the time or place.

if someone believes the Cham loves them, and greets the every morning to say hello. Well great, that just means that animal will get great care, because it is now on a "human" level, and the keeper looks forward to seeing their friend every morning and chating with him.
....Or it could mean "someone" lives in their own "special" world. ? :ROFLMAO:

Again, I could go on, but as it (pretty aptly, IMO) says in the FAQs on this site:
Q Does my chameleon actually like me?
_
A Reptiles lack the emotional capacity to bond with their owners, or each other. They can recognize certain people and associate them with positive experiences, such as feeding, which can make them more friendly.

I think "friendly" above should be in quotes; it's an anthropomorphism in & of itself.

Dogs are a little different.... :rolleyes:

Is there any scientific evidence that your dog loves you?

Apologies to cat people; I just don't know if there is any comparable evidence or studies. Likewise horses, pot-bellied pigs, pizza-rats, or what have you. ;)

My point (I guess) is that having one or both feet grounded in reality doesn't affect the quality of care received by the furry & scaly creatures in my care.

Aw, crap. I wrote, edited, deleted, and rewrote this post so many times, I'm not sure anymore where I was going with it! :oops:

I feel most people like that don't actually anthropomorphize though. They're just talking to their animals. I think that's great.

I consider the negative is when people are dressing their reptiles up and literally treating them like humans. I feel you see that far more often.

People can defiantly go too far. I have see cases of people making strict carnivores vegetarian because they were. Wayyy overboard

Had to google the meaning :hilarious: :banghead:
We ALL do it. I can anthropomorphize with the best of 'em—I've been doing it longer! :LOL:

I talk to my dog all the time; all dogs hear is, "Blah, blah, blah, blah, Fido!" but it still makes their tails wag. They respond more to tone of voice than words. I know this, but I still talk to him. He's a great listener! He'll listen to me until I put him to sleep! :ROFLMAO:

When I talk to my beardie, all I get is the stinkeye. In fact, the stinkeye is all I ever get from him! :LOL:
Took me months to convince him that I (the giant hand) wasn't going to eat him (or so I anthropomorphized... :rolleyes:)

It's not just chameleons. IME, it's the internet. I could go on, but this isn't the time or place.

....Or it could mean "someone" lives in their own "special" world. ? :ROFLMAO:

Again, I could go on, but as it (pretty aptly, IMO) says in the FAQs on this site:

I think "friendly" above should be in quotes; it's an anthropomorphism in & of itself.

Dogs are a little different.... :rolleyes:

Is there any scientific evidence that your dog loves you?

Apologies to cat people; I just don't know if there is any comparable evidence or studies. Likewise horses, pot-bellied pigs, pizza-rats, or what have you. ;)

My point (I guess) is that having one or both feet grounded in reality doesn't affect the quality of care received by the furry & scaly creatures in my care.

Aw, crap. I wrote, edited, deleted, and rewrote this post so many times, I'm not sure anymore where I was going with it! :oops:

I get where you are going. Most everybody you will see in this site will be like us and others. We do not need to believe our animal cares about us anymore than getting food. We are all here for more info, that is what excites us. It is the half that saw a FB video thought it was cute saw a cham for sale and got it just because they saw one once ant thought it was cool.

If you are her you are past that part for sure. No chams with swords, or climbing water from a sink here. They don't go to the mall with us, and defiantly don't skateboard LOL

We ALL do it. I can anthropomorphize with the best of 'em—I've been doing it longer! :LOL:

I talk to my dog all the time; all dogs hear is, "Blah, blah, blah, blah, Fido!" but it still makes their tails wag. They respond more to tone of voice than words. I know this, but I still talk to him. He's a great listener! He'll listen to me until I put him to sleep! :ROFLMAO:

When I talk to my beardie, all I get is the stinkeye. In fact, the stinkeye is all I ever get from him! :LOL:
Took me months to convince him that I (the giant hand) wasn't going to eat him (or so I anthropomorphized... :rolleyes:)

I do talk too all my animals like they understand me LOL

Back
Top Bottom