FL Cham hunt

but still why?

This is the south, our land runs deep, you trespass you get shot, its just a norm down here lol.

Or the worst could happen, you stumble onto a hidden moonshine still, then you will get fed to the gators, lol.

It is just considered rude to trespass without invitation.

Unless you are way out in the boonies, nobody is going to murder you for trespassing, but they might try to scare you off, thinking you are delinquents or something.

Most people in the south who see young people on their property are going to think they are doing drugs LOL. If they see older people trespassing they are going to think they are very weird, possibly dangerous and not want them around either.

If you see something on someone's property- just go knock on the door and ask permission to catch a lizard you just saw...

I feel that way about my own property. I also live in one of the moonshine capitals of the world. I don't do moonshine, but I wonder if my ideas about trespassers are related. LOL

This is the south, our land runs deep, you trespass you get shot, its just a norm down here lol.

Or the worst could happen, you stumble onto a hidden moonshine still, then you will get fed to the gators, lol.

HAHA! true that! and people here try to get on land deer/coon/fishing all the time. lucky i have permission for alot of places as does my boyfriend+ his own 200acers

My Daddy had a shotgun full of rock salt for just such folks, but he would give those same folks a guided tour if they came up the driveway and knocked on the door to ask permission first. ;)

I wish I still lived in the South, where people understand and live by common courtesy. :eek:

Sounds like something from the movies for us bay area california folk. I can only dream of 200+ acres in the south for now!

Veileds have been found all over the place. There are 2 known established populations here in Florida: Fort Meyers and Kendall. There are also populations of Oustalets in Kendall. I would not be surprised to see chameleons in Orlando, but not in the city. More in the outskirts such as Kissimmee.

I can possible see populations living in Kendall, Homestead etc. I mean lots of non-native reptiles populating all over. Should be a nice hunt.

If you were a little closer to me I would go. I am in Ft. Myers, a few hours south of Orlando. I have heard there a populations of Veiled here in Ft. Myers but I havent got the slightest clue where to go to check them out.

Back
Top Bottom