Fixture ?

Luna

Could I just buy a cheap fluorescent fixture and us the UVB bulb in it ? A hooded one without a reflector if it needs a reflector I could get some materials to make it

yeah one from home depot works great, and can be much cheaper. Just make sure you get the right sized fixture and bulb, like a 18' fixture and an 18" bulb. no reflector is necessary, just make sure there is no glass or plastic between the bulb and the cham.

yeah one from home depot works great, and can be much cheaper. Just make sure you get the right sized fixture and bulb, like a 18' fixture and an 18" bulb. no reflector is necessary, just make sure there is no glass or plastic between the bulb and the cham.

YESSS now i only have to spend 12$ instead of 40$ Thank youu and i know about the plastic thing bc of my cam got mild mbd from it being on there :mad:

I never buy fixtures at reptile stores any more, the ones you find at Lowe's or Home Depot are more than fine.

If you can find one, I recommend a t5 fixture. Its way brighter, along with a 6% bulb or a 12% as long as its safe distance from your cham. Just because the screen can filter out a lot of the 6% uvb.

If you can find one, I recommend a t5 fixture. Its way brighter, along with a 6% bulb or a 12% as long as its safe distance from your cham. Just because the screen can filter out a lot of the 6% uvb.

i have a brand new 5.0 repti glo i know i know repti glos arnt as good as repti sun my dad wouldnt spend the extra 5 dollors he insisted "they say the same thing ones just more expensive" :rolleyes: my dads always looking for a deal but i never new that screen filtered out anything :eek: i have a reptarium i dont know if its the same deal but i never knew that thanks for sharing :)

be carfull givin this advise the arcadis 6% is more than capable of penitrating the screen, the 12% is too much unless you dull it down.
I only reccomend using the 12% if you have a meter to measure it.

i have a brand new 5.0 repti glo i know i know repti glos arnt as good as repti sun my dad wouldnt spend the extra 5 dollors he insisted "they say the same thing ones just more expensive" :rolleyes: my dads always looking for a deal but i never new that screen filtered out anything :eek: i have a reptarium i dont know if its the same deal but i never knew that thanks for sharing :)

reptiglo 5.0 is what you want. for tropical terrariums

6% is plenty but yes like i said be careful with the placement of a 12% bulb and make sure your cham can get away from it if it wants to. i used to use reptiglo in my zilla fixture i liked it pretty good and gave off a nice glow but no were near as much light as my new t5 it lights the whole cage and brings colors out a lot better than when i had 2 zilla fixtures going.

6% is plenty but yes like i said be careful with the placement of a 12% bulb and make sure your cham can get away from it if it wants to. i used to use reptiglo in my zilla fixture i liked it pretty good and gave off a nice glow but no were near as much light as my new t5 it lights the whole cage and brings colors out a lot better than when i had 2 zilla fixtures going.

Oh yes believe me when this bulb times up I'm making a visit to lightyoureptiles

You should definitely get a fixture with a reflector... you can double the amount of light that goes in your cage with one.

Back
Top Bottom