Five and Six Month Old Ambanja Males

Status
Not open for further replies.

PardalisGirl

Avid Member
I have two Ambanja males for sale. They are clutch mates but one is six months old and the other is five months old. The clutch took over a month to hatch out. They both have nipped tails that have long since healed. I fed the entire Ambanja clutch silkworms while they were still young enough to live together. The next day they started chewing on each other's tails. I think they thought they were silkworms. Now I wait until juveniles are living as individuals in cages before I feed them silkworms.

Male #1, Six Months Old, is 6" Snout to Vent and 10" in Total Length:

AmbanjaMale#1.jpg

Male #2, Five Months Old, is 4.5" Snout to Vent and 7.5" in Total Length:

AmbanjaMale#2.jpg

These males are the product of my wild caught male Ambanja, Solarius, paired with a female from Kammerflage Kreations. Lita was a granddaughter of Glorfindel who was a stunning blue on blue Ambanja. His line was well known several years ago and was in great demand. Several people on this forum have offspring from that great line. Solarius passed away several months ago. He was one of the first chameleons I ever purchased. He was several years old when I got him. He was easily double the size of the typical male panther you see. Females looked tiny next to him.

The Sire, Solarius:

Solarius.jpg

At five and six months these two offspring males have a lot of color for their age. They still have another eight months to color up and grow. They have a lot more blue in them at rest in their cages. Much more than Solarius had. The red colors come out more when they are out roaming around. They have yellow and orange coming out in some areas too. These boys are very friendly and gregarious. They should be eager to come out on your hand after they settle into their new home. I am asking $100 plus shipping for each of them. If they did not have the shortened tail issue (missing the last inch) I would ask $400 each for them because of their size and potential. They will make great breeders or a great pet. Their personality makes up for their tail situation.

I take Paypal and will ship UPS Overnight in a well insulated box with heat packs added according to the weather situation. They are in perfect health and have sturdy limbs and plump tummies as they should during the growing phase. I guarantee their healthy arrival and overall health for seven days. The purchaser is responsible for proper care and husbandry to keep them healthy after that. I don't want these two to go to anyone who does not belong to this forum. I am very attached to them but can't keep everything I hatch out. This is your chance to get a young chameleon with lots of coloration for it's age for a great price :)

Last edited:
Thanks PITBULL :)

Ambanja male #1 has been sold to PITBULL :) Male #2 is still available. He is a very sweet boy and well built for a male his age. He has a lot of growing and coloring up to do :)

SOMEONE PLEASE BUY THAT LAST ONE IF IT ISN'T SOLD ALREADY! Sorry I had to yell...lol....mine just arrived and is in good health. NOW I'M TEMPTED TO BUY THE OTHER ONE, SO PLEASE HURRY BEFORE MY GIRLFRIEND KILLS ME FOR BUYING ANOTHER!!!!!

Enjoy him :)

I'm so glad you like him. You are going to like him even more in a few days when his friendly personality comes out to shine. He will eat from your hand and is happy to come out on your arm. You have to keep posting pictures of him as he grows so I can see how he develops. I've got some exciting locales like Nosy Faly but your boy's sire, Solarius, was my all-time favorite. He's gone but I think of him all the time. Here is a picture of Solarius and Lita at the time your boy was conceived. I found it last night when I was looking for something else:

SolariusandLita.jpg

Let me know what you name him :) Catherine

Catherine's animals are the cream of the crop!

I've seen Solarius in person, he was a gentle giant. A true 'blue diamond' ambanja.

Catherine's animals are the cream of the crop!

I've seen Solarius in person, he was a gentle giant. A true 'blue diamond' ambanja.

Owning Solarius's offspring, I would definately have to agree. I'm waiting for my son to get home from school then we will decide on a name. :D

Attachments

• 20090217103613.jpg
    20090217103613.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 20090217111408.jpg
    20090217111408.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 235
WOAAAHHHHH! Look at that color!!! Im glad you found something spectacular!!!! If I was looking to expand my panther collection I wouldnt hesitate to snag the other guy:)

How are those uthmoelleri eggs comming? (I thought I would just ask here and give you another little bump:))

Thank you :)

It looks like he has a great cage PITBULL :) And Cainschams, the K. Uthmoelleri eggs look good. I've got two clutches incubating. They have that "flushed with life" blush to them :)

New Pictures of Male #2

I took a few more pictures of Ambanja Male #2 while he was having a shower in the sink. They do a bit more justice to his great coloration at 5 months:

Ambanja2.1.jpg

Ambanja2.2.jpg

He has a lot of yellow coming out on his sides and belly area. He's still available for $100 plus UPS Overnight shipping :)

OMG that cage is an eye sore from the outside lol. (not very handy) :p But there is no way for escape. Its actually 1 big cage 48x24x48 with a divider in the middle for now making it 24x24x48. When the cages I ordered come in he will have that whole cage to himself. I just got off work and caught him sleeping and it seems like he likes to sleep hanging from one branch to another, is that normal for him? All my other chams like to curl up in heavy foilage. You weren't kidding he really will come up to me when my hands are in the cage. SO SOMEONE HURRY AND PICK UP THE OTHER MILD TEMPERED SIBLING.....LOL

How's the new boy PITBULL?

How is the new boy doing today? All my cages have sand blasted Manzanita branches in them. Your boy had a nice big one that he was used to sleeping on (up to one inch wide) near the cage top. He never slept in the foliage. He probably misses his spot. He will figure out a new spot in your cage.

Ambanja Male #2 is Sold :)

Well, Male #2 has been sold to Rocky! He will go out next week. I know you are going to love him :) Thanks fo much!

Not buying ....

... but they look marvelously spectacular Catherine. Couple of very healthy little horses ... well done ! For those in doubt, Catherine's stuff is A#1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom