First time going to vet? What should I bring

Hi, I was curious as to what I should bring. Should I bring a sample of his feces. He’s 2 and a half months old. Does it matter if it’s not from today if he doesn’t go? Any info I should I have? He has a problem keeping one of his eyes closed and it looks glazed over. Also he is not growing very much. Keeps nose in the air and huffs sometimes. Im aware of all the potential problems. Eye, respiratory infection. Etc

Thanks

Tell them everything that you are seeing going on with him. Take a fresh fecal if you can get one so they can run a fecal test. My vet likes the most recent fecal if possible prefers nothing older than 24 hours.

Hi, I was curious as to what I should bring. Should I bring a sample of his feces. He’s 2 and a half months old. Does it matter if it’s not from today if he doesn’t go? Any info I should I have? He has a problem keeping one of his eyes closed and it looks glazed over. Also he is not growing very much. Keeps nose in the air and huffs sometimes. Im aware of all the potential problems. Eye, respiratory infection. Etc

Thanks
Doesn't hurt to take pics of the cage to show husbandry

Good luck!

I'd bring the following:
1. Travel container for your cham with stick and towel inside.
2. Recent fecal for testing. If you find some the day before, put it in a plastic baggie & refrigerate it.
3. Picture of your enclosure.
4. Detailed list of your care and husbandry.
5. List of any questions you'd like to ask.

Here is a video on transporting a chameleon incase you need some help with that:

Totally agree with all of the above. I have a temp gun, so I take my phone in and shoot temps in the cage in different spots and take a pic of both the gun gauge as well as where it's shooting in the cage. This makes filling out forms or answering questions a lot easier. Write down everything you have questions about, and are concerned about, because in the moment you are going to forget something (I always do!) Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom