First shed worries

Boba-faye

I have a young little veiled Cham and I believe he went through his first ever shed.
He went through it very well, within 24hours, but now he seems stressed. He has eaten, which some other forums have mentioned he may fast while shedding or even before. But his color is dark and he seems to be looking for resting places, as if it wore him out. (Not on his usual basking branch the last few hours) wondering if this is normal for the first shed? Or if this is to be expected with every shed?
Any input would be appreciated :)

Post some pictures of ur baby cham n ur cage set up,my telepathy sense is at rest right now,I would like to see it visually.

Unless your chameleon was just hatched and a few weeks old at most I would not say it's his first ever shed. Most chameleons who are sold in pet stores, are usually around 2-4 months.

When we got him he was just about the length of my finger including tail. Now he's about twice the length. I wasn't sure when they have their first shed, but he is doing great now, no longer dark/moody and his activity around his cage is back to normal. (The picture of his habitat isn't the best quality)

Attachments

• IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 222
He looks about 3 months in that picture at most so it was very likely his first shed. Don't worry to much about his exhaustion levels unless it persists for several days. If he's not sleeping during the day and is just resting a lot, it could just be his first shed took a lot out of him. Just keep an eye on him, he could just be recovering. Exhaustion in my opinion is quite normal especially for babies, for a day or two after. Babies shed all at once, and shedding is very stressful.

Back
Top Bottom